Spanish Monolingual Talking Dictionary

Mohammed Elshafie <mensciceronis@...>

Good afternoon Everyone,
This is my Very first Post on the group, and I come with a rather difficult question:
Do any of you happen to know of an accessible monolingual Spanish dictionary, ideally like the Franklin English dictionary? If so, where might I find it?
Thanks,
M.

Josh Kennedy

I think those talking dictionaries were discontinued a good many years ago. Maybe get an iPod touch or iPad and use a spanish dictionary app.

Mohammed Elshafie <mensciceronis@...>

It Is quite an old-fashioned request; but I wanted something without the distracting possibilities of an Iphone or an Ipad. TO buckle down to studying. DO you happen to know any particular model? Perhaps I could find it on EBay or somewhere of the sort.

El 7 ago 2019, a las 10:53, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> escribió:

I think those talking dictionaries were discontinued a good many years ago. Maybe get an iPod touch or iPad and use a spanish dictionary app.

Gene

Is using an online dictionary with a computer or a dictionary you can use offline with a computer too distracting?  There is Word Web for an offline dictionary and there are good online dictionaries.

Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Spanish Monolingual Talking Dictionary

It Is quite an old-fashioned request; but I wanted something without the distracting possibilities of an Iphone or an Ipad. TO buckle down to studying. DO you happen to know any particular model? Perhaps I could find it on EBay or somewhere of the sort.

El 7 ago 2019, a las 10:53, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> escribió:

I think those talking dictionaries were discontinued a good many years ago. Maybe get an iPod touch or iPad and use a spanish dictionary app.

Josh Kennedy

just put the iPad or iPod touch in airplane mode when studying. then you are offline and will have no distractions at all.