Braille labelers

Vicki W

I am looking for a Braille labeler which is somewhat different than the standard Braille labeler where you squeeze the handle and the tape feeds through with the Braille print.

I am looking for one that will still use a clear labeling tape, but uses a small keyboard rather than the squeeze handle. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

Thanks.

Vicki

Victor

I’ve heard of these and I’d like to know this too.

Thanks,

Victor

On Aug 16, 2019, at 4:15 PM, Vicki W <vwherry4@...> wrote:

I am looking for a Braille labeler which is somewhat different than the standard Braille labeler where you squeeze the handle and the tape feeds through with the Braille print.

I am looking for one that will still use a clear labeling tape, but uses a small keyboard rather than the squeeze handle. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

Thanks.

Vicki

Donald L. Roberts

I don't know the specifics, however I do know someone who bought this type of labeler, and he paid something like $540 for it.  So even if you find a used one, it will be expensive to say the least.

Don Roberts

On 8/16/2019 4:59 PM, Victor wrote:
I’ve heard of these and I’d like to know this too.

Thanks,

Victor

On Aug 16, 2019, at 4:15 PM, Vicki W <vwherry4@...> wrote:

I am looking for a Braille labeler which is somewhat different than the standard Braille labeler where you squeeze the handle and the tape feeds through with the Braille print.

I am looking for one that will still use a clear labeling tape, but uses a small keyboard rather than the squeeze handle. Does anyone know where I can find something like this?

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki, could this be the info you're seeking? If yes, please check out this
website:

https://logantech.com/products/6dot-braille-label-maker

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Vicki W

Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Vicki W. wrote:

"Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies
because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for."

Ha, ha dear sis; you may need to save those pennies for two 'cause I might
borrow one from you permanently. At $775? I don't know if I should label
anything in Braille anymore, yikes!!

Before we shell out those pennies, how about we take advantage of their
four-month trial? Hopefully they'll let us get a jolly ride in that regard.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, colorado ha,

Victor

I know that most of us are slower using a slate and stylus then we are using a braille keyboard, but maybe it would be best to use a slate and stylus with the right kind of labeling tape for whatever you need. On another list I’m on, there are people who use a slate and stylus to label things.

Victor

On Aug 17, 2019, at 4:36 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. <ukekearuaro@...> wrote:

Vicki W. wrote:

"Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies
because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for."

Ha, ha dear sis; you may need to save those pennies for two 'cause I might
borrow one from you permanently. At $775? I don't know if I should label
anything in Braille anymore, yikes!!

Before we shell out those pennies, how about we take advantage of their
four-month trial? Hopefully they'll let us get a jolly ride in that regard.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, colorado ha,

Victor, you do have a point. However, I'm a store owner working by myself.
Occasionally, I get help in making sure that items are properly arranged on
the shelves. However, my sighted helpers do move stuff absent-mindedly into
wrong slots. Now I must LABEL EVERY PRODUCT in Braille for easy
identification, and to make it easy for me to put items back in their
correct slot when it has been moved inadvertently. Using a stylus, yes,
I'll get it done at last, but I may need to bring me a bed and a couch to
the store, <LOL>!

If I can play with the Six Dot Braille Labelmaker prior to purchase, I'll go
that route. I listened to a Blind CoolTech demo on Logan Tech's website and
it seemed that the guy doing the demo hit some snag. I don't need the
QWERTY anything, just the regular Perkins keyboard will suffice.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Victor

It’s too bad these are so expensive! I have had to label many things at one sitting in the past and a braille labeler with a Perkins style keyboard would have been very helpful.

Victor

On Aug 18, 2019, at 2:17 AM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. <ukekearuaro@...> wrote:

[...]

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I had my right wrist fused three years ago, so it's not too easy anymore, but for labels, and close to $800.00, I'll manage just fine!.

Vicki W. wrote:

"Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies
because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for."

Ha, ha dear sis; you may need to save those pennies for two 'cause I might
borrow one from you permanently. At $775? I don't know if I should label
anything in Braille anymore, yikes!!

Before we shell out those pennies, how about we take advantage of their
four-month trial? Hopefully they'll let us get a jolly ride in that regard.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, colorado ha,

Vicki W

Please let us know how it works.

[...]

Pamela Dominguez

For jobs like that, I used the Perkins with the bymotape guide. I brailled the files at work, that way. Pam.

[...]

---
https://www.avg.com

Sharon S

Hi, I have read of adaptors for the Perkins braillers for doing these sort
of labels. I haven't seen or used one myself so don't know how they work but
from memory they were allot cheaper than this one.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies
because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Vicki

Vicki, could this be the info you're seeking? If yes, please check out
this
website:

https://logantech.com/products/6dot-braille-label-maker

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

heather albright

Yes, have the braille labeler that goes on the perkins; think it was 20 from perkins! Cheers Heather

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
National Federation of The Blind:
www.nfb.org
An Accessible Online Library:
www.bookshare.org

Hi, I have read of adaptors for the Perkins braillers for doing these sort

of labels. I haven't seen or used one myself so don't know how they work but

from memory they were allot cheaper than this one.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies

because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Vicki

> Vicki, could this be the info you're seeking?  If yes, please check out

> this

> website:

> https://logantech.com/products/6dot-braille-label-maker

> Sincerely,

> Olusegun

> Denver, Colorado

Pat Seed

Hi,
I know the one that you are talking about. It is a straight metal piece that is placed on the Braille writer. The small edge on it goes face down, so it will remain straight. There is a clip at each end which holds the strip of dymo tape in place.
It is about $20 when I purchased it.

Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed
(807) 473-0909

Hi, I have read of adaptors for the Perkins braillers for doing these sort

of labels. I haven't seen or used one myself so don't know how they work but

from memory they were allot cheaper than this one.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies

because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Vicki

> Vicki, could this be the info you're seeking?  If yes, please check out

> this

> website:

> https://logantech.com/products/6dot-braille-label-maker

> Sincerely,

> Olusegun

> Denver, Colorado

Pamela Dominguez

Yes. I have one. It is a guide that you put the tape in. You open the margins all the way, especially the screw on the left side, and you put the guide in the place where you put the paper in. Then you can write whateverr braille you want. Pam.

Hi, I have read of adaptors for the Perkins braillers for doing these sort
of labels. I haven't seen or used one myself so don't know how they work but
from memory they were allot cheaper than this one.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies
because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Vicki

Vicki, could this be the info you're seeking? If yes, please check out
this
website:

https://logantech.com/products/6dot-braille-label-maker

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

---
https://www.avg.com

Donald L. Roberts

Not trying to nit pick here, but, the Perkins device is not really a labeler.  It is an aluminum device which slides under the labeling head of your Perkins brailler.  When done labeling, you still have to remove the under side of the tape to expose the adhesive.  Frankly, I use a razor blade to do this which is a pain and slow for me, but it is the only option.  I read a message from someone who used his/her finger nail to begin to tear off the back.

Don Roberts

On 8/25/2019 8:02 AM, heather albright wrote:

Yes, have the braille labeler that goes on the perkins; think it was 20 from perkins! Cheers Heather

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
National Federation of The Blind:
www.nfb.org
An Accessible Online Library:
www.bookshare.org

Hi, I have read of adaptors for the Perkins braillers for doing these sort

of labels. I haven't seen or used one myself so don't know how they work but

from memory they were allot cheaper than this one.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

Yes, that was it until I saw the price! I'd better start saving my pennies

because it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Vicki

> Vicki, could this be the info you're seeking?  If yes, please check out

> this

> website:

> https://logantech.com/products/6dot-braille-label-maker

> Sincerely,

> Olusegun

> Denver, Colorado

Pamela Dominguez

That’s right; but it is something you can use to make labels.  With other labelers, you have to remove the underside of the tape also.  Pam.

Hi, I have read of adaptors for the Perkins braillers for doing these sort

of labels. I haven't seen or used one myself so don't know how they work but

from memory they were allot cheaper than this one.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

Shaz wrote in part:

"I have read of adaptors for the Perkins braillers for doing these sort of
labels."

I'm not sure if these are still produced. They used to be made by Perkins
School for the Blind. Oh well, I'll wait till Monday and give them a shout
to find out. I had one once, but in the process of moving my toes here and
there, I lost it and my foggy brain failed to align correctly, so I didn't
grab another one.

Two problems I had with it had to do with TAKING OFF THE ADHESIVE TAPE and
also making sure I did the cutting the right way. It was a manual cut as i
recall.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado