Aira now has free calls!

Carrie Morales

Hey Everyone,

If you’re in the US, Canada, Austraillia, or New Zealand, Aira has released their free calls for 5 minute or less tasks. In case you don’t know, Aira is an app that connects you to a trained professional for reading, interpreting, or describing things you need.

I just made a video about it: https://youtu.be/yw3fvGkSKCo

And check out their free promotions other than the 5 minute calls like help when Jaws crashes, help with inaccessible websites, small business owners assistance, help for job seekers, and access points.

Also, if you were part of the pilot program in the UK, they are rolling out the free calls for you, too.

I’ve used the access points in the past and it’s really great. I use Be my Eyes as well, but there is certainly a difference in professionalism and training  since Be My Eyes is completely volunteer based. Don’t get me wrong, I love what Be My Eyes is doing, and I use it all the time, but I’m also really happy that Aira is providing at least a few minutes for free! We definitely can use help sometimes and can’t always rely on OCR and object recognition, especially for visual interpreting.

For example, the other day I just needed help locating something I dropped.

Cheers!

Carrie Morales

Website: LiveAccessible.Com

YouTube: Live Accessible

Instagram: @LiveAccessible

Twitter: @LiveAccessible

Email: carrie@...

*Picture Description: Text reads Live accessible: blindness or Low Vision does not define or limit you on a blue background

Victor

I’m glad they are providing assistance for free for short tasks. I just wish this service didn’t cost so much. But I’m glad it’s available.

Victor

On Aug 21, 2019, at 7:46 PM, Carrie Morales <carrie@...> wrote:

[...]

Hope Williamson <hopeisjoyful@...>

Yeah, me too! I'd gladly pay for it if it weren't so much.

Victor

Doesn’t it cost almost $90 a month? That’s too much for me!

Victor

On Aug 21, 2019, at 8:33 PM, Hope Williamson <hopeisjoyful@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah, me too! I'd gladly pay for it if it weren't so much.

Hope Williamson <hopeisjoyful@...>

The standard one is $99 per month. They do have a plan with 30 minutes
for $29 monthly. https://aira.io/pricing

On 8/21/19, Hope Williamson <hopeisjoyful@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah, me too! I'd gladly pay for it if it weren't so much.

Pamela Dominguez

I thought it was something like $300 a month. Pam.