malware bytes was maybe a virus?

Troy Burnham

I installed malware bytes and registered it since I still had my product key, and it updated the definitions but it looks like I'm still running version 1.70 and I know the most recent version is way past that now, am I still okay running 1.70 since it still seems to work?

I looked at the report after it finished a quick scan and it didn't find anything, but I'm running google chrome now and I saw something about Internet Explorer. How do I get it to scan chrome and not IE? IE is on this machine but I only used it for a very short time after getting this machine until I could get it set up and get chrome installed, so if there are any problems it will be with chrome and not IE.

Troy

On 8/22/2019 10:16 AM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:

Whatever you do, do not under any circumstances click on this survey.?? It is almost certainly malware.?? I suggest that you install Malware Bytes and run a scan. I am using the free version of Malware Bytes and it seems to be fully accessible with JAWS as long as you use the tab key to navigate through the various options.

Gerald

On 8/22/2019 10:09 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

For the past 2 days I've been getting an occasional popup that's some sort of survey. I'm running windows 10 and google chrome, and the only virus protection I have is windows defender. How can I go about getting rid of whatever is causing this popup, and do I need to run some other protection besides windows defender? I have malware bytes pro but I've never installed it on this machine.

Thanks.

Troy