eloquence on chromebooks and orbit reader

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

First, will eloquence work with chromevox on chromebooks, and also with talkback on chromebooks for playstore apps that is, eloquence and talkback and chromevox with eloquence? Second, will chromebooks see the orbit reader display as a flash drive if I put it in flash drive mode to transfer files translated by www.robobraille.org? to transfer braille files to the orbit reader sd card? And will chromebooks work with the braille me either as a braille me or emulated smart beetle display?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jaffar Sidek

George.  In theory it could, but it has to be ported to the Os's screen reader app in question, in this case, talkback.  I don't know if there is the source code for talkback floating around, but if there was, someone must study Talkback's source code to see how Eloquence can be ported to it.  Also, if Eloquence is now being used on Android phones, which I am not aware of, then the work is already done and it is just a matter of adapting it to the chromebook.  Cheers!

On 8/23/2019 6:53 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi,

First, will eloquence work with chromevox on chromebooks, and also with talkback on chromebooks for playstore apps that is, eloquence and talkback and chromevox with eloquence? Second, will chromebooks see the orbit reader display as a flash drive if I put it in flash drive mode to transfer files translated by www.robobraille.org? to transfer braille files to the orbit reader sd card? And will chromebooks work with the braille me either as a braille me or emulated smart beetle display?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Eloquence, as a TTS engine, is alive and well in Android Land. Make a
purchase from the Play Store and you're good to go. You can switch between
it and any other TTS engine of your own choosing in Android Land.

My limited understanding is that Android apps run on Chrome books; that
being the case, perhaps one could try installing Eloquence on the Android
side of things and see what happens!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Victor

I think I’ve read that android can be used on the newer chrome books. I guess it depends on when you obtained your chrome book and which one you got.

Victor

On Aug 22, 2019, at 7:15 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. <ukekearuaro@valtdnet.com> wrote:

Eloquence, as a TTS engine, is alive and well in Android Land. Make a
purchase from the Play Store and you're good to go. You can switch between
it and any other TTS engine of your own choosing in Android Land.

My limited understanding is that Android apps run on Chrome books; that
being the case, perhaps one could try installing Eloquence on the Android
side of things and see what happens!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Jaffar Sidek

Yup! eloquence is a TTS engine.  So in order to drive that engine, there must be an interface between the OS and Eloquence, as an example.  For Microsoft Windows, it is currently Jaws and NVDA.  But I don't know if Talkback which relies on the Google TTS engine has been made to communicate with Eloquence.  If it has, then chances are good that it could be used on Chromebook, that is, If Chromebook itself is run on the Android OS..

On 8/23/2019 10:15 AM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Eloquence, as a TTS engine, is alive and well in Android Land. Make a
purchase from the Play Store and you're good to go. You can switch between
it and any other TTS engine of your own choosing in Android Land.

My limited understanding is that Android apps run on Chrome books; that
being the case, perhaps one could try installing Eloquence on the Android
side of things and see what happens!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Jaffa, Eloquence and Talkback do indeed SHAKE HANDS warmly. So, it can be
used on a ChromeBook and set for system-wide use. I got that info from a
reliable source on another list.

Now I should count up my pennies and consider grabbing a ChromeBook; I'm a
tad unclear about Chrome books in general. There are too many to choose
from. Anyhow, I'll keep reading and poaking around, I may just find one
that won't let me walk away without carting it along.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Abbie Taylor

Those interested in Chromeboxes might want to attend Mystic Access's free class this month on the subject. It'll take place August 29th at 8-30 p.m. Eastern time via the Zoom platform. To join, go to www.mysticaccess.com and sign up for their newsletters. You should then receive a message with the meeting invitation.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...