32 or 64?

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

I just typed in winver in the run dialog box.  It didn’t tell me if I had a 32 or 64 bit version of windows 10 that I’d like to double check.

I’m looking to download jaws 22 and install it, but unsure if I have a 32 bit or 64 bit machine.

Any an all help is appreciated,

Thank you

Gene

The correct version will automatically be downloaded.  The site detects whether yu are running 32 or 64bit Windows.

One way to tell whether you are running 32 bit Windows, unlikely, or 64 bit Windows is to look in the Windows folder.
If there is a subfolder called programs386, you have 64bit Windows.  You will also see a subfolder called Programs.
If you have a 32Bit version, you will only see one programs folder.  It will just be called Programs.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 6:18 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] 32 or 64?

Hi,

I just typed in winver in the run dialog box.  It didn’t tell me if I had a 32 or 64 bit version of windows 10 that I’d like to double check.

I’m looking to download jaws 22 and install it, but unsure if I have a 32 bit or 64 bit machine.

Thank you

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Howdy KimBro,

There isn't 2 different downloads for 32 & 64 bit any more.  The same installer works for both operating systems and FS / Vispero has been doing it this way since version.J2019

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 32 or 64?

The correct version will automatically be downloaded.  The site detects whether yu are running 32 or 64bit Windows.

One way to tell whether you are running 32 bit Windows, unlikely, or 64 bit Windows is to look in the Windows folder.
If there is a subfolder called programs386, you have 64bit Windows.  You will also see a subfolder called Programs.
If you have a 32Bit version, you will only see one programs folder.  It will just be called Programs.

Gene

Hi,

Thank you

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Thanks bro.

I noticed that after I went to the site and saw the extension.

Thank you!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 7:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Howdy KimBro,

There isn't 2 different downloads for 32 & 64 bit any more.  The same installer works for both operating systems and FS / Vispero has been doing it this way since version.J2019

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 4:38 PM

Gene

Hi,

Thank you

john s

I thought all win 10 versions were 64 bit.

At 07:18 PM 11/10/2021, Kimsan via groups.io, wrote:

Hi,

I just typed in winver in the run dialog box.  It didnt tell me if I had a 32 or 64 bit version of windows 10 that Id like to double check.

Im looking to download jaws 22 and install it, but unsure if I have a 32 bit or 64 bit machine.

Thank you

John