From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: August 29, 2019 1:55 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] outlook sixteen question

I’ve hit a senior moment.  How does  one get a list of the various boxes,, i.e. in, archives, etc and select one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Monte Single

Do you mean folders when you say boxes?

When I open outlook and wish to be in the folders list, I  use shift plus tabb  and then up down arrows to select the one I want

I’ve hit a senior moment.  How does  one get a list of the various boxes,, i.e. in, archives, etc and select one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Schwartz

A senior moment here.  How does one bring up the list of various boxes,I.e. in, trash, archives and so forth and pick one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sugar

Control  Y

If no one has answered you yet. smile

Sugar

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar

A senior moment here.  How does one bring up the list of various boxes,I.e. in, trash, archives and so forth and pick one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

This does not work in the newer version. You have to press ctrl/Y
Marie

When I open outlook and wish to be in the folders list, I  use shift plus tabb  and then up down arrows to select the one I want

I’ve hit a senior moment.  How does  one get a list of the various boxes,, i.e. in, archives, etc and select one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Monte Single

Ok,  I’m using 2013; they both work in this version.

This does not work in the newer version. You have to press ctrl/Y

Marie

When I open outlook and wish to be in the folders list, I  use shift plus tabb  and then up down arrows to select the one I want

I’ve hit a senior moment.  How does  one get a list of the various boxes,, i.e. in, archives, etc and select one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Gene

Perhaps in the newer version, the treeview of folders is hidden by default and perhaps another command moves you there if it is made to be shown.  It's hard to believe that an e-mail program wouldn't have the ability to show the treeview of folders so a mouse user can just click on something wthout opening a dialog.

I'm not just discussing this to discuss it.  With NVdA, you don't hear the number of messages that are unread in a folder in the control y dialog.  I don't know about JAWS.  And you may not be able to delete folders when in the dialog.  You evidently couldn't in earlier versions, from what I seen in discussions on a list.

Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 5:32 PM