outlook sixteen question

Jeffrey Schwartz

I’ve hit a senior moment.  How does  one get a list of the various boxes,, i.e. in, archives, etc and select one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

chris judge

Hi Jeff. If you press control Y you will be taken to the list of folders. Just arrow to the one you want and press enter to move in to it. From any folder you can press control Shift I to go back to the inbox.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: August 29, 2019 1:55 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] outlook sixteen question

I’ve hit a senior moment.  How does  one get a list of the various boxes,, i.e. in, archives, etc and select one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Monte Single

Do you mean folders when you say boxes?

When I open outlook and wish to be in the folders list, I  use shift plus tabb  and then up down arrows to select the one I want

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: August-29-19 10:55 AM

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey Schwartz

A senior moment here.  How does one bring up the list of various boxes,I.e. in, trash, archives and so forth and pick one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sugar

Control  Y

If no one has answered you yet. smile

Sugar

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- - Winnie the Pooh

I appreciate your friendship/support at:

https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey

-Sugar

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:37 AM

A senior moment here.  How does one bring up the list of various boxes,I.e. in, trash, archives and so forth and pick one to enter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

This does not work in the newer version. You have to press ctrl/Y
Marie

Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] outlook sixteen question

When I open outlook and wish to be in the folders list, I  use shift plus tabb  and then up down arrows to select the one I want

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz

Thanks,

Jeff

Monte Single

Ok,  I’m using 2013; they both work in this version.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: August-29-19 4:22 PM

Marie

Thanks,

Jeff

Gene

Perhaps in the newer version, the treeview of folders is hidden by default and perhaps another command moves you there if it is made to be shown.  It's hard to believe that an e-mail program wouldn't have the ability to show the treeview of folders so a mouse user can just click on something wthout opening a dialog. 

I'm not just discussing this to discuss it.  With NVdA, you don't hear the number of messages that are unread in a folder in the control y dialog.  I don't know about JAWS.  And you may not be able to delete folders when in the dialog.  You evidently couldn't in earlier versions, from what I seen in discussions on a list.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 5:32 PM

Ok,  I’m using 2013; they both work in this version.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: August-29-19 4:22 PM

Marie

Thanks,

Jeff