From there, go to recovery.
Tab to reset this pc. Press enter, follow the prompts and all should work fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of M.E.N.
Sent: September 5, 2019 12:13 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Clearing a laptop

I am preparing a laptop for selling and have a couple of questions. It is running Win 10 1809.

Will a reset choosing to remove data, be enough or do I have to do a full clean install? If the latter, I have not done that before so, how difficult is it?

Thanks for any advise.

Marie

Gene

Do you know the person you are selling it to and whether that person has any criminal tendencies?  I doubt that reinstalling Windows or doing the restore or whatever it is called procedure you asked about will remove data from the hard drive such as your personal files.  If it does what deleting files usually does, the files won't be accessible to the computer, but someone who wants to spend a lot of money or with the right technical knowledge can recover them.  There are programs that actually overwrite the information and make it unrecoverable.  I'll let others discuss such programs further.