Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:30 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Outlook not closing correctly

I have Windows 10 and Office 2019.  Has any of you experienced Outlook not opening after it has been closed with alt-F4?  It will start if I go to task manager after I end task, but often I find that it refuses to open after it has been closed unless I restart Windows or end task on Outlook.  I haven’t had any other applications get stuck like this.  Any tips?

chris judge

yes, this was happening to me for a while. It simply stopped, not sure
why, but it's working fine again

On 9/14/19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I don't have any suggestions other than to close the program in task
manager. If you do this and the program doesn't run, instead of rebooting,
check the task manager to see if there is another copy opened even if you
closed one. You shouldn't have to reboot in such a case.

I have Windows 10 and Office 2019. Has any of you experienced Outlook not
opening after it has been closed with alt-F4? It will start if I go to task
manager after I end task, but often I find that it refuses to open after it
has been closed unless I restart Windows or end task on Outlook. I haven't
had any other applications get stuck like this. Any tips?

TerriLynne Pomeroy <tl1@...>

I don't know if this is the same thing ... I am using windows 10 and outlook 2018 and was having the same problem. What I discovered was that if I closed it when it was trying to perform a function, it wouldn't reopen until I rebooted. So now I just make sure that it isn't in the middle of some task before I close it.

TerriLynne