Confirm or disprove a rumor that iPhone 6S will no longer be supported after 13.1 update this month?

Peter Spitz

I was told that my iPhone 6S will not be able to receive any updates
after the 13.1 update that is scheduled for this month. Does anyone
know if this is true? Also, pardon my ignorance but will the phone
still be useable once they stop supporting it? I literally bought it
new from Consumer Cellular less than two weeks ago and was hoping it
would last me a couple years. I don't use the phone often, mainly for
text messages and the occasional voice call. Thanks for any info in
advance!

Peter

Cristóbal

It'll probably be good for any 13.X updates, but I wouldn't hold my breath for next year's 14 iOS.
That aside, it should still work perfectly fine even after Apple stops providing iOS updates for it. No different than Win 7 for example where its lifecycle came to an end, but that didn't mean that suddenly the OS was no longer functional.
I have an SE as my second business cell and I plan on using that bad boy until the wheels fall off.
Most likely, you may find that certain apps once iOS 14 come out may start giving you problems or run slower or simply not have all the features available than newer versions, but as far as the phone not working? Not true.

I was told that my iPhone 6S will not be able to receive any updates after the 13.1 update that is scheduled for this month. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, pardon my ignorance but will the phone still be useable once they stop supporting it? I literally bought it new from Consumer Cellular less than two weeks ago and was hoping it would last me a couple years. I don't use the phone often, mainly for text messages and the occasional voice call. Thanks for any info in advance!

Peter

Peter Spitz

Thanks for that explanation! I feel better now.

On 9/24/19, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Jujube

I imagine it'll still be usable even though there'll; no more updates.

I was told that my iPhone 6S will not be able to receive any updates
after the 13.1 update that is scheduled for this month. Does anyone
know if this is true? Also, pardon my ignorance but will the phone
still be useable once they stop supporting it? I literally bought it
new from Consumer Cellular less than two weeks ago and was hoping it
would last me a couple years. I don't use the phone often, mainly for
text messages and the occasional voice call. Thanks for any info in
advance!

Peter

Carolyn Arnold

Two of my girlfriends at cards still have iPhone 5's; they work.

Best regards,

Carolyn

I was told that my iPhone 6S will not be able to receive any updates after the 13.1 update that is scheduled for this month. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, pardon my ignorance but will the phone still be useable once they stop supporting it? I literally bought it new from Consumer Cellular less than two weeks ago and was hoping it would last me a couple years. I don't use the phone often, mainly for text messages and the occasional voice call. Thanks for any info in advance!

Peter

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I would supect that any IOS 13 will be updated up to ISO 14, at least that was the way they did with 12 for IPhones 6,.

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

My mom has an I phone 5 C and she has had it for five years and she hasn't had updates since IOS 9 came out.  Her phone works fine.  Of course, she doesn't use it much.  She just uses it for texting and phone calls.  The phone works fine but just doesn't have the updates.  I have an SE that will be 3 years old and I'm hoping to get another year out of it.  I think Apple wants to scare people so they run out and buy a new phone.  Apple also makes our older phones slower to persuade us to buy new ones.  I know what's really going on and I don't fall for it.   Hope this helps.

Shelly

On 9/24/2019 1:24 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
[...]

chris judge

I was lead to believe that any phone lower than a 7 would not update to IOS 13. Is this not the case?

I was told that my iPhone 6S will not be able to receive any updates after the 13.1 update that is scheduled for this month. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, pardon my ignorance but will the phone still be useable once they stop supporting it? I literally bought it new from Consumer Cellular less than two weeks ago and was hoping it would last me a couple years. I don't use the phone often, mainly for text messages and the occasional voice call. Thanks for any info in advance!

Peter

enes sarıbaş

yeah I have a 6 and it still works perfectly fine

On 9/24/2019 12:24 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
[...]

And my mistake from earlier, it's the 6 S which is the oldest phone that will run IOS 13, not the 7, sorry about that.

I was told that my iPhone 6S will not be able to receive any updates after the 13.1 update that is scheduled for this month. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, pardon my ignorance but will the phone still be useable once they stop supporting it? I literally bought it new from Consumer Cellular less than two weeks ago and was hoping it would last me a couple years. I don't use the phone often, mainly for text messages and the occasional voice call. Thanks for any info in advance!

Peter

chris judge

I believe you can update the 5C to IOS 12, but you need to use itunes to do it.