Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] blood pressure moniter

I'm also looking for one. The nurse that came here told me to get a
wrist one because it would probably be easier than having to use the arm
one.

Hope Williamson <hopeisjoyful@...>

Hi Gene, I'm already pretty suspicious of Doctor's and nurses because of something that happened 4 years ago. It's a long story, but basically a doctor got me to track my fluid intake and output something I couldn't do by myself while I was staying with my parents briefly. She had no idea how much of a problem this was for me, and since none of you know my health conditions or my mother for that matter, you don't either.

    I'm pretty sure the ones you put around your arm are cheaper than the wrist ones. Although I'll have to look at prices again.

Dave Mitchel

I use the wrist type and it works fine for me. I got mine from amazon for about $15 about a year ago.
I admit the voice isn't great, but you get used to that.

I'm also looking for one. The nurse that came here told me to get a
wrist one because it would probably be easier than having to use the arm
one.

Amy Gordon

Dave,
Do you know what the name of the blood pressure moniter is you got
on Amazon?
Thanks

On 10/14/19, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
I use the wrist type and it works fine for me. I got mine from amazon for
about $15 about a year ago.
I admit the voice isn't great, but you get used to that.

I'm also looking for one. The nurse that came here told me to get a
wrist one because it would probably be easier than having to use the arm
one.

Gerald Levy

No, no.  Wrist blood pressure monitors are generally cheaper and less accurate than upper-arm monitors. All doctors use upper-arm monitors, and many still prefer the old-fashioned analog type.

Gerald

On 10/14/2019 9:54 AM, Hope Williamson wrote:
Hi Gene, I'm already pretty suspicious of Doctor's and nurses because of something that happened 4 years ago. It's a long story, but basically a doctor got me to track my fluid intake and output something I couldn't do by myself while I was staying with my parents briefly. She had no idea how much of a problem this was for me, and since none of you know my health conditions or my mother for that matter, you don't either.

    I'm pretty sure the ones you put around your arm are cheaper than the wrist ones. Although I'll have to look at prices again.

Carolyn Arnold

I think you are right, Gene. I have had an arm one for over 20 years that I got from Maxi-Aids.

Best regards,

Carolyn