From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 9:24 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] victor stream internal memory

Hi List,

When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.

How do I place  and remove files from this memory?

Thanks,

Monte

Monte Single

How do you put a file in internal memory to begin with?

How do I get to the internal memory?

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.

 I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.

When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.

How do I place  and remove files from this memory?

Thanks,

Monte

john s

Monte, when you are in the online bookshelf, you are in internal memory.  The offline bookshelf is your sd card.

At 12:10 AM 10/19/2019, Monte Single, wrote:
[...]

chris judge

Hey Monte.

I don’t think you can place material in the streams internal memory. If you are using CELA direct to player, or bookshare, these things automatically download to the internal memory, but I’m pretty sure we can’t choose to put things there.

When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.

How do I place  and remove files from this memory?

Thanks,

Monte

Monte Single

Yes,  getting it now.

When I download things it is usually directly to my sd card while it is in a card reader.

This works for bookshare.

I have  never done a direct download.

Thanks.

I don’t think you can place material in the streams internal memory. If you are using CELA direct to player, or bookshare, these things automatically download to the internal memory, but I’m pretty sure we can’t choose to put things there.

When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.

How do I place  and remove files from this memory?

Thanks,

Monte

chris judge

And you can’t move everything from internal memory. If you are using CELA for instance, you can’t transfer those books from the internal memory to the sd card.

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.
 I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.
When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.
How do I place  and remove files from this memory?
Thanks,
Monte

                 John

Howard Traxler

Unfortunately, To my knowledge, the creators of the Victor Stream have not given us a way to access internal memory directly.

On 10/19/2019 3:36 AM, john s wrote:
[...]

Pamela Dominguez

What is CELA?  Pam.

Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2019 7:14 AM

And you can’t move everything from internal memory. If you are using CELA for instance, you can’t transfer those books from the internal memory to the sd card.

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.
I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.
When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.
How do I place  and remove files from this memory?
Thanks,
Monte

                 John

Monte Single

Cela is  the Canadian Equitable Library Association.  It is the current version ov the Canadian National Institute for the Blind digital library in conjuction  with regional and local libraries all across Canada.

It is similar but not the same as the u s NLS.

And you can’t move everything from internal memory. If you are using CELA for instance, you can’t transfer those books from the internal memory to the sd card.

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.
I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.
When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.
How do I place  and remove files from this memory?
Thanks,
Monte

                 John

chris judge

The center for equitable library access. Probably our equivalent to your NLS bard.

And you can’t move everything from internal memory. If you are using CELA for instance, you can’t transfer those books from the internal memory to the sd card.

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.
I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.
When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.
How do I place  and remove files from this memory?
Thanks,
Monte

                 John

Smiling?

Not unless you the user, wishes to take out the “internal memory,” beneath the battery and access it. Otherwise no, there is no way whatsoever of accessing it.

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.
 I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.
When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.
How do I place  and remove files from this memory?
Thanks,
Monte

                 John

Howard Traxler

As you say, "unless you the user, wishes to take out the “internal memory,” beneath the battery and access it."  Only speculating:  I can then plug that chip into a card reader and acccess it using my computer.  And what would I see?  What would be the language of the apps programmed there?  Would they be decompilable, editable, recompilable, etc.?  I bought a second stream so I could do just those things with my first; and if I really mess it up, I'll still have a good stream.

HowardHoward

On 10/20/2019 4:28 AM, Smiling? wrote:

Not unless you the user, wishes to take out the “internal memory,” beneath the battery and access it. Otherwise no, there is no way whatsoever of accessing it.

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.
 I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.
When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.
How do I place  and remove files from this memory?
Thanks,
Monte

                 John

Smiling?

I believe that it’s Linux and yes, you could pull out the micro SD card place it within a card reader if necessary and look at it entirely if you so selectively chose.

You could also purchase a new internal chip for the Second Generation Victor if desired. There will be hidden partitions within this data though.

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.
 I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.
When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.
How do I place  and remove files from this memory?
Thanks,
Monte

                 John

Pamela Dominguez

You don’t mean micro SD card.  You mean memory card, right?  Pam.

[...]

I've not yet had one out to look at it, but from what folks have said, it's a microSD card.  After all, isn't a microSD card a memory card?

On 10/20/2019 5:57 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
[...]

No, I literally mean exactly what was typed, micro SD card. This is what the internal memory is made up of.

[...]

Not the same thing.  It’s a memory chip.  Pam.

Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 8:22 AM

[...]

Keith S

it is a micro SD card.

Keith