From: Jim grech
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2016 7:45 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] windows 10 and twitter

Giday guys, my name is Jimbo and I’ve just gone up to windows 10 and jaws 17 and I was using chicken nugget and the qube on 8.1. now the qube doesn’t work and chicken nugget will only work if it’s window is in focus.

The control windows key combo left and right arrows to move from timeline to timeline does not work, have to use ault windows. When I try to use the key strokes that the keyboard manager suggests to use, they don’t work either.

Does anyone know of another accessible program  to use instead?

cheers

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

I did that right away as soon as I updated my machine to Windows 10. I have had no difficulty with chicken nugget even before during and after the last two updates. The only issue I continue to experience is when attempting to open links. I can never open a link in a tweet whether the interface is hidden or shown. I have no doubt this is my fault and not a half-baked nugget. I continuously forget the sequence of six or seven chicken fingers needed to open a link in chicken nugget so I’m unfortunately fried before I get the link opened.

If you go into chicken nugget’s edit keyboard command manager area and add a control to all of the alt/win key combos then they’ll work better in global mode. Mine is running just fine once again here under Windows 10.

I hope that helps.

Robin

Giday guys, my name is Jimbo and I’ve just gone up to windows 10 and jaws 17 and I was using chicken nugget and the qube on 8.1. now the qube doesn’t work and chicken nugget will only work if it’s window is in focus.

The control windows key combo left and right arrows to move from timeline to timeline does not work, have to use ault windows. When I try to use the key strokes that the keyboard manager suggests to use, they don’t work either.

Does anyone know of another accessible program  to use instead?

cheers

Robin Frost

Hi,
that was funny I giggle from your turn of phrase.  by me the sequence is control, win, alt and the letter b for browse. the only problem with remapping its keys is you forget which were its default and which ones you composed yourself but either way I hope that gets you going (smile).
Robin

[...]

jim grech <jimbo282@...>

My chicken nugget is not working in global mode at all even after I added a control to the alt win commands

the win alt d,r,m,and t don’t work, I can only use control and those letters when the nugget window is in focus.

cheers

[...]

It’s not working for me.

cheers