Cannot activate qRead after purchase?

Jessica Dail <jldail13@...>

Hi,

I’m having problems activating qread.

I just bought it this morning.

The option to “activate” is greyed out.

I tried to remove the program from my computer, & reinstall it, but it didn’t work.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Walt Smith

Jessica -

I don't understand why that option would be unavailable, unless you've registered it before. I've purchased QRead and Chicken Nugget; both from Accessible Apps; and have never had a problem activating them. Is the "Report A Problem" item available on the Help menu? If so, use this to report the issue to Accessible Apps.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 12:07 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Cannot activate qRead after purchase?

Hi,

I tried to remove the program from my computer, & reinstall it, but it didn’t work.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Kwork

Jessica, after uninstalling QRead, do the following:
1. Use Windows Explorer or My Computer to navigate to your Program Files folder where Qread is installed. If using a 32-bit Windows, the folder is at
C:\Program Files
If using a 64-bit Windows, you want to go to
C:\Program Files (x86)
Inside that folder, if you have a program called QRead, delete it.
2. Press Windows key + r for the run dialogue. In the edit box, type the following, or copy and paste the following line:
appdata
In the list of folders that will come up, enter the roaming folder. Inside, you should find another folder called QRead. Delete it.
That should clear all traces of your previous QRead installation.
Try installing the program once again and see if it will let you go through the activation process. It's possible that something in your QRead.conf file was corrupting things a bit when trying to activate.
Let us know how this works. Good luck. I use QRead on a daily basis. One of the best purchases I ever made.
Travis

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 10:07 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Cannot activate qRead after purchase?

Hi,

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Jessica