cell phones

Pamela Dominguez

Hi!  I may have to replace my cellphone.  I am on TMobile.  I do not want to get an iPhone or an android phone.  Is there any phone I could get that has buttons and that would work with TMobile?  A friend of mine said she went to a TMobile store, and all she could find were flat screen phones.  I hope somebody has some ideas.  Thanks.  Pam.

Gene

There are phones you can buy from T Mobile that have buttons.  I have one.  I don't know how many of them are accessible, but mine is. 

I am not recommending my phone, but if you want to hear a demonstration of my phone to get an idea of what features you might find and how they might function, you can download my demonstration.  I did it for Accessible World.

There is another presentation by someone else in the same file but mine is there.

Gene

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 11:29 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] cell phones

Hi!  I may have to replace my cellphone.  I am on TMobile.  I do not want to get an iPhone or an android phone.  Is there any phone I could get that has buttons and that would work with TMobile?  A friend of mine said she went to a TMobile store, and all she could find were flat screen phones.  I hope somebody has some ideas.  Thanks.  Pam.

Matt

Yes and if on Verizon there is the Samsung Haven which is an older phone a flip phone but is very accessible and I can give a podcast to it if wanted.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 1:40 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] cell phones

There are phones you can buy from T Mobile that have buttons.  I have one.  I don't know how many of them are accessible, but mine is. 

I am not recommending my phone, but if you want to hear a demonstration of my phone to get an idea of what features you might find and how they might function, you can download my demonstration.  I did it for Accessible World.

There is another presentation by someone else in the same file but mine is there.

Gene

Pamela Dominguez

Do you have a better copy of that?  The only part I can listen to is Bob Acosta’s introduction, then I have to turn the volume all the way up and it still sounds like I’m trying to keep from waking somebody up.  What is this phone you have?  Pam.

Gene

Pamela Dominguez

I have the information on the Haven, but that is an old phone you can’t go into a store and buy.  I also don’t know if it works on TMobile.  Pam.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 2:28 PM

Yes and if on Verizon there is the Samsung Haven which is an older phone a flip phone but is very accessible and I can give a podcast to it if wanted.

Gene

Gene

I haven't listened to the recording.  You can download a copy that doesn't have problems here.

Gene

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 1:33 PM

Do you have a better copy of that?  The only part I can listen to is Bob Acosta’s introduction, then I have to turn the volume all the way up and it still sounds like I’m trying to keep from waking somebody up.  What is this phone you have?  Pam.

Gene

Pamela Dominguez

Okay, thanks.  I just downloaded it and it sounds good.  I will see what I get when I go looking.  Pam.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 2:54 PM

I haven't listened to the recording.  You can download a copy that doesn't have problems here.

Gene
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 1:33 PM

Gene

Matt

No it does not work on T-Mobile .’

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 2:49 PM

I have the information on the Haven, but that is an old phone you can’t go into a store and buy.  I also don’t know if it works on TMobile.  Pam.

Gene

Cristóbal

You  could always look into the Odin phone. It’s supposed to be completely blind accessible.

I think it runs on the T-Mobile network.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 12:23 PM

Gene

Ms. E.M. Kirtley <ekirtley@...>

Also the Odin phone is free if you live in California (with the Tmobile plan). If you get through the CTAP program.

EMK

At Friday 01:42 PM, you wrote:
You could always look into the Odin phone. It’s supposed to be completely blind accessible.

<mailto:Matt.from.florida@gmail.com>Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

I have the information on the Haven, but that is an old phone you can’t go into a store and buy. I also don’t know if it works on TMobile. Pam.

Carolyn Arnold

Pam. I bought a Haven phone from a guy on a list named Laz. He is
a dealer for talking MP3, Haven phones and a Verizon-connected phone
plan called Page Plus. If I still was alone, I would have let my Verizon
contract and gotten the Page Plus; I looked at the plans on his site and
like them, still could get it eventually. We have extended the Verizon
contract, however, so that my husband could use, and I could when I
wanted to, the old iPhone 4S. But I love my Haven. It has buttons that
you actually can touch. It has speech. It does just about everything
except Internet. The only criticism I've heard from others is that it's
slow, but I'm not in a hurry and am glad to have steady buttons and not a
swimming screen.

Contact information:

laz@talkingmp3players.com

727-498-0121

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2016 12:29 PM

Hi! I may have to replace my cellphone. I am on TMobile. I do not want
to get an iPhone or an android phone. Is there any phone I could get
that has buttons and that would work with TMobile? A friend of mine said
she went to a TMobile store, and all she could find were flat screen
phones. I hope somebody has some ideas. Thanks. Pam.

Carolyn Arnold

If you give a pod cast for the Haven, please let us know. I like my
Haven, but probably could learn more.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Sent: Friday, January 8, 2016 2:28 PM

Yes and if on Verizon there is the Samsung Haven which is an older phone
a flip phone but is very accessible and I can give a podcast to it if
wanted.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com <mailto:Matt.from.florida@gmail.com>

There are phones you can buy from T Mobile that have buttons. I have
one. I don't know how many of them are accessible, but mine is.

I am not recommending my phone, but if you want to hear a demonstration
of my phone to get an idea of what features you might find and how they
might function, you can download my demonstration. I did it for
Accessible World.

http://www.accessibleworld.org/sites/default/files/tt-11-17-14-bookshare-
web-site-non-smart-phone-voice-spotify.mp3

There is another presentation by someone else in the same file but mine
is there.

Gene

To: TechTalk@groups.io <mailto:TechTalk@groups.io>

Hi! I may have to replace my cellphone. I am on TMobile. I do not want
to get an iPhone or an android phone. Is there any phone I could get
that has buttons and that would work with TMobile? A friend of mine said
phones. I hope somebody has some ideas. Thanks. Pam.

Carolyn Arnold

Also, if you are specifically interested in T-Mobile, contact them. Explain to them that you want to get a feature phone with full speech capability and buttons - all accessible to a blind person or person with limited vision. I think they have them. I talked to them during my search, but found that T-Mobile does not have good coverage in my area. I was very disappointed, because they have good plans. I'd have had to wait, since my Verizon contract wasn't out. I think they have great plans though, and they could be a resource to help you get the phone you want.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Sent: Friday, January 8, 2016 4:42 PM

You could always look into the Odin phone. It’s supposed to be completely blind accessible.

I have the information on the Haven, but that is an old phone you can’t go into a store and buy. I also don’t know if it works on TMobile. Pam.

There are phones you can buy from T Mobile that have buttons. I have one. I don't know how many of them are accessible, but mine is.

I am not recommending my phone, but if you want to hear a demonstration of my phone to get an idea of what features you might find and how they might function, you can download my demonstration. I did it for Accessible World.

http://www.accessibleworld.org/sites/default/files/tt-11-17-14-bookshare-web-site-non-smart-phone-voice-spotify.mp3

Gene

Hi! I may have to replace my cellphone. I am on TMobile. I do not want to get an iPhone or an android phone. Is there any phone I could get that has buttons and that would work with TMobile? A friend of mine said she went to a TMobile store, and all she could find were flat screen phones. I hope somebody has some ideas. Thanks. Pam.

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Carolyn, I have a podcast done for the Haven if you wish number it will be below for you keep in mind coming you will have to be available in the states to hear this or have coming to the states to head this
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

On Jan 8, 2016, at 7:14 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

If you give a pod cast for the Haven, please let us know. I like my
Haven, but probably could learn more.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Yes and if on Verizon there is the Samsung Haven which is an older phone
a flip phone but is very accessible and I can give a podcast to it if
wanted.

Matt.from.florida@... <mailto:Matt.from.florida@...>

There are phones you can buy from T Mobile that have buttons.  I have
one.  I don't know how many of them are accessible, but mine is.  

I am not recommending my phone, but if you want to hear a demonstration
of my phone to get an idea of what features you might find and how they
might function, you can download my demonstration.  I did it for
Accessible World.

There is another presentation by someone else in the same file but mine
is there.

Gene

Hi!  I may have to replace my cellphone.  I am on TMobile.  I do not want
to get an iPhone or an android phone.  Is there any phone I could get
that has buttons and that would work with TMobile?  A friend of mine said
phones.  I hope somebody has some ideas.  Thanks.  Pam.

Allen West

On 1/8/16, Pamela Dominguez <geodom@optonline.net> wrote:
Hi! I may have to replace my cellphone. I am on TMobile. I do not want to
get an iPhone or an android phone. Is there any phone I could get that has
buttons and that would work with TMobile? A friend of mine said she went to
a TMobile store, and all she could find were flat screen phones. I hope
somebody has some ideas. Thanks. Pam.
You can find the SamSung Haven and a few other phones with buttons at
Accessible Electronics.

www.talkingmp3players.com

There are podcasts on the site for all their phones

Allen

mike bader <mdbader@...>

You may want to try Cricket Wireless. (AT&T)
No contract.
You can get a free windows phone.
https://www.cricketwireless.com/
They may have button phones or used phones.

I am happy with them.
I have two lines.

Michael Bader KB8JHC@arrl.net
Computer Services - Local and Remote
http://www.lansolutions.info
http://qsl.net.kb8jhc

On 1/8/2016 10:38 PM, Allen West wrote:
On 1/8/16, Pamela Dominguez <geodom@optonline.net> wrote:
You can find the SamSung Haven and a few other phones with buttons at
Accessible Electronics.

www.talkingmp3players.com

There are podcasts on the site for all their phones

Allen

Matt

Ok, here is a podcast on the haven just follow the link. HTH !
BTW: it is not by me but why invent the wheel when it is already invented.

http://www.mysticaccesspodcast.com/audio/haven/Samsung%20Haven%20tour.zip

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 8:14 PM

If you give a pod cast for the Haven, please let us know. I like my Haven,
but probably could learn more.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Yes and if on Verizon there is the Samsung Haven which is an older phone a
flip phone but is very accessible and I can give a podcast to it if wanted.

There are phones you can buy from T Mobile that have buttons. I have one.
I don't know how many of them are accessible, but mine is.

I am not recommending my phone, but if you want to hear a demonstration of
my phone to get an idea of what features you might find and how they might
function, you can download my demonstration. I did it for Accessible World.

There is another presentation by someone else in the same file but mine is
there.

Gene

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

Hi all,

If you're with T-mobile, look up the Oden Phone.

http://odinmobile.com/

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@samobile.net
web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Marsha <marcatony@...>

HI
  Thank you for giving us this information.

Marsha

Pamela Dominguez

I didn’t think so, but I was not considering getting it since it hasn’t been made for years.  The only reason I got the old Nokia was because of the Kurzweil.  Pam.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 3:22 PM

Gene