Accessible tablets for the blind

Naima Leigh

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Naima

Angelo Sonnesso

What about the Amazon Fire tablet.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Naima

RJ Sandefur <manbatsandefur@...>

Would you suggest windows tablits? RJ

On 12/7/2016 11:15 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:

What about the Amazon Fire tablet.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Naima

hi, i have a nexus android tablet , and it works ok with talk back which is the built in screen reader.

tanks for your time in advance.

Angelo Sonnesso

I have an HP Windows tablet, and it is running Windows 10 with NVDA.
It works well

73 N2DYN Angelo

On 12/7/2016 11:15 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What about the Amazon Fire tablet.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could please
help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Naima

hi, i have a nexus android tablet , and it works ok with talk back which is
the built in screen reader.

tanks for your time in advance.

RJ Sandefur <manbatsandefur@...>

Only problem is what if I want to upload something to youtube? RJ

On 12/7/2016 11:37 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
I have an HP Windows tablet, and it is running Windows 10 with NVDA.
It works well

73 N2DYN Angelo

On 12/7/2016 11:15 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What about the Amazon Fire tablet.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could please
help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Naima

hi, i have a nexus android tablet , and it works ok with talk back which is
the built in screen reader.

tanks for your time in advance.

Carlos

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Windows is Windows. You can do anything with Windows running on a tablet that you could do with Windows running on any other machine/device. Subject to the limits of the hardware of course. Uploading to YouTube should be possible on any tablet running any operating system for that matter.

On 12/7/2016 11:15 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What about the Amazon Fire tablet.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could please
help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Naima

hi, i have a nexus android tablet , and it works ok with talk back which is
the built in screen reader.

tanks for your time in advance.

Angelo Sonnesso

I have uploaded to YouTube with no problems.

73 N2DYN Angelo

On 12/7/2016 11:15 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What about the Amazon Fire tablet.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could
please
help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Naima

hi, i have a nexus android tablet , and it works ok with talk back
which is the built in screen reader.

tanks for your time in advance.

RJ Sandefur <manbatsandefur@...>

I've tried live streaming on youtube, doesn't work on this pc for some
wierd reason. So when I get this tablit, will it have a youtube app
already on the device? RJ

On 12/7/2016 4:38 PM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
I have uploaded to YouTube with no problems.

73 N2DYN Angelo

On 12/7/2016 11:15 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What about the Amazon Fire tablet.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could
please
help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Naima

hi, i have a nexus android tablet , and it works ok with talk back
which is the built in screen reader.

tanks for your time in advance.

Carlos

Why would you need a YouTube app? You can just use any web browser.

As for your problem with YouTube, the flash player on YouTube sometimes becomes muted. This seems to occur
more often after a flash update. Try the following.
1. Load a YouTube page.
2. Immediately tab once to make sure the flash controls have focus.
3. After tabbing
once as I said in step 3, you should immediately disable the virtual cursor/browse mode. In Jaws it is called the
virtual cursor and Insert Z will disable it. With NVDA it is called browse
mode and Insert Space will disable it. With Window Eyes I believe it is Control Shift A.
4. Press the Up Arrow key several times to raise the volume.
5. If raising the volume does not work, try pressing the letter M to unmute
the flash player.

On 12/7/2016 11:15 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
What about the Amazon Fire tablet.

73 N2DYN Angelo

Hi does anyone know of any accessible tablets bysides Apple products.

I need something 100% accessible and effordable. If someone could
please
help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Naima

hi, i have a nexus android tablet , and it works ok with talk back
which is the built in screen reader.

tanks for your time in advance.

Naima, on which platform?  Windows, iOS, Android?  It might help if you let the list know what you are planning to use your tablet for or why you want a tablet!

Sincerely,

Olusegun

Denver, Colorado

Naima Leigh

Hi I want a hand held intertainment system/computer in my hands. I want to be able to check my email and listen to music on the go. Listen to my audio books as well as witch tv. Record my favorite shows with my X1 DVR and watch youtube videos. I just want to be normal and not get left out for being different.

Naima