From: Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Dear Friends, Should I do a "Disk Clean Up" on my 8, 9, year old External T - Drives?

In general, except for one possible case, I doubt that doing a cleanup would accomplish anything. the purpose is to remove files that accumulate that don't do anything but waste space. The operating system isn't on the external disks and you aren't running files on them. You should have either no or almost no useless files if you just use it for storage. One thing I don't know about is something like System Restore keeping a record of what is on your drive. I see no point in that, and, if it is monitoring your drive, you might save room, I'm not sure how much, by stopping monitoring. If the old file is left, that keeps information about the drive, you might save room, but I don't know how much, if you remove the file.

But others who know more may comment on that.