my dell laptop

Matt

Well I order a Dell XPS 9360 laptop. This is my Xmas to myself.

It has 13 inch screen and 16 gB of ram and Quad core processer up to 3.5 GHZ and 512 SD drive. This is the biggest part of the specs and I hope t to get around a decade out of this if not more.  I needed a backup windows pct. to my desktop. It has better specs than my desktop so  I might end up making this my main PC. My desktop is a Dell XPS with Quad core processer and 12 GB of ram and a 750 rpm HD with a storage of 750 GB. And a dedicated graphic card with 2 GB of on board memory. I have had this desktop for about 6 years or so. Running great it has W10 on it now W10 pro .

BTW it supposed to be here this week or the first of next week.

Thanks,

Matt.from.florida@...

Monte Single

Sounds like a good package; how much dollars. 10 years for a laptop?   Seems a bit optimistic.

Good luck,

Monte

Well I order a Dell XPS 9360 laptop. This is my Xmas to myself.

It has 13 inch screen and 16 gB of ram and Quad core processer up to 3.5 GHZ and 512 SD drive. This is the biggest part of the specs and I hope t to get around a decade out of this if not more.  I needed a backup windows pct. to my desktop. It has better specs than my desktop so  I might end up making this my main PC. My desktop is a Dell XPS with Quad core processer and 12 GB of ram and a 750 rpm HD with a storage of 750 GB. And a dedicated graphic card with 2 GB of on board memory. I have had this desktop for about 6 years or so. Running great it has W10 on it now W10 pro .

BTW it supposed to be here this week or the first of next week.

Thanks,

Matt.from.florida@...

Smiling?

Smiles, I’d agree with the optimistic statement. I’m curious which chipset came in this machine?

[...]

enes sarıbaş

hi,

That is a very very good laptop! Keep in mind though that a desktop processor is not equivalent  to a laptop processor. That desktop processor even from 6 years ago will be significantly faster than your laptop processor.

On 12/22/2016 11:22 AM, Matt wrote:

Well I order a Dell XPS 9360 laptop. This is my Xmas to myself.

It has 13 inch screen and 16 gB of ram and Quad core processer up to 3.5 GHZ and 512 SD drive. This is the biggest part of the specs and I hope t to get around a decade out of this if not more.  I needed a backup windows pct. to my desktop. It has better specs than my desktop so  I might end up making this my main PC. My desktop is a Dell XPS with Quad core processer and 12 GB of ram and a 750 rpm HD with a storage of 750 GB. And a dedicated graphic card with 2 GB of on board memory. I have had this desktop for about 6 years or so. Running great it has W10 on it now W10 pro .

BTW it supposed to be here this week or the first of next week.

Thanks,

Matt.from.florida@...

Matt

Well no my desktop tops out at I think 2.6 GHZ and the laptop tops out at 3.5 GHZ . not near the amount of ram 12 GB versa 16 GB and SD drive versa a standard 750 rpm drive. So I think my laptop will be much faster than my desktop but I will compare them when I get my laptop and get it setup like I want it. Will let you all know.

[...]

Just over 2 gran out the door. This was with a discount!  I got an old dell laptop a Latitude that is getting very close to it  10 years old. It is just a dual core with 2 GB of ram and 32 bit system and still has XP on it. I could have upgraded it with more ram another 2 GB and put W10 on it and might do that don’t know and give it to the blind services  or I might donate it to the computers for the blind.  Or something.

[...]

I 7 7th gen Quad core.

[...]

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

This sounds great and I am kicking around the idea of a new laptop. I know that Carlos recently said the Dell computer is really good these days. I do have one question. does the laptop have a context key on the right of the space bar and a ctrl key on each side? My 13 inch Toshiba has those keys and I find it so much faster to use.

[...]

I have no idea I have not got it yet. It is a Dell XPS 9360  so you might could call dell and ask them or see if they have aa picture of it and get  a seeing person to see if it does. I will use a external keyboard most of the time not the built in one. I have never liked the laptop keyboards . I use them when I have no other choice.  I really wanted a surface pro 4 but what kept me from that was the lack of ports it has on it.  Otherwise I would have got it.

[...]

Desktop processors draw more power and have more cores. For this reason, they are much faster than their laptop counterparts even with a lower clock.

On 12/22/2016 5:59 PM, Matt wrote:

[...]

are you sure it has a quad core?  From what I can see, it has an i7 7500 U processor, which is definitely a dual core processor.

my source is:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9360-QHD-i7-7500U-Notebook-Review.181471.0.html

On 12/22/2016 7:21 PM, Matt wrote:

[...]

Hi, yes I got the touch screen and I got my custom made! With the I 7 7th gen processer  it is not standard built! They do make it with the Dual core processer.  Which is standard built.  My has the quad core processer I 7  7th gen up to 3.5 GHZ and 16 GB of ram and 512 GB SD and rose Gold in color and touch screen. They make the 9360 in touch screen and without the touch screen the one without max out with a duel core processer. I also got the 2 year warranty with it.  But it was custom made to my specs.

[...]

The two model options I saw are with the i5 7200u and i7 7500 u both of which are dual core. And true, the 7500 u runs at 3.5 ghz.  It is surprising that many manufacturers are bundling ultra low voltage (U) processors in 15 inch notebooks that can handle quad core processors.  Personally, I am going to hold onto this computer as long as I can and get an HQ processor when I need a new one.

On 12/22/2016 11:18 PM, Matt wrote:

[...]

Hi, all I know is I requested a quad core processer and they said that would be what I would get a I 7 7th gen .  It had to be customize to that. I called them or did it over chat and then did the order over the phone. So if it not what they said it is it will be going back! Not paying that kind of money for a dual core processer.  They told me it would be a quad core processer.

[...]

Ok, just got off the phone with them and they said it did have a quad core processer I7 7th gen the newest processer there is.  They said they do make the same processer in a dual core but my will be a quad core. I have been dealing with dell for years and never had a problem with what they told me. So I am trusting them that they told me right. I will know when I get it . as I will check the specs by going to about this PC and looking at the specs. If it not what I order then it will go back and they will give me what I ordered or my money back which is credit my account back with them. I also got 18 month interest free finance  so I am just dividing the amount by 18 and that is what I am making each month.

[...]

Çağrı Yıldırım

Hi,
First of all, I'm new to this group. thanks to Enes for providing me
the group's address.
Make sure that other 2 cores are not the hyper-threaded ones.
Best wishes,
Cagri