Has Anyone Used YoutubeBLG and Does It Work For You?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I downloaded and installed a program called Youtube BLG--a program that is supposed to convert Youtube videos to alternative forms such as MP3. It seems fairly accessible, but when I copy and paste the address into the address bar in the program and click convert, it just hangs.

Is anyone else on list using this program and if so, how does it work for you?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Why not use the program Carlos made available in a portable version, FreeYouTubeToMP3Converter.  Of course, assuming the latest version is still accessible, you could use the nonportable version as well.  I'm not sure if the link Carlos used for the program is still available.  I'll let others comment on that.

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:00 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Has Anyone Used YoutubeBLG and Does It Work For You?

Hi Group,

I downloaded and installed a program called Youtube BLG--a program that
is supposed to convert Youtube videos to alternative forms such as MP3.
It seems fairly accessible, but when I copy and paste the address into
the address bar in the program and click convert, it just hangs.

Is anyone else on list using this program and if so, how does it work
for you?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Carlos

I can post a link if you're interested.

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:00 PM

Hi Group,

I downloaded and installed a program called Youtube BLG--a program that
is supposed to convert Youtube videos to alternative forms such as MP3.
It seems fairly accessible, but when I copy and paste the address into
the address bar in the program and click convert, it just hangs.

Is anyone else on list using this program and if so, how does it work
for you?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

I am using YouTube DLG and although it does not have as many options as other downloaders, I am finding that it is very nice. I like the speed and quality of the downloads. And the interface is simple and accessible.

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:00 PM

Hi Group,

I downloaded and installed a program called Youtube BLG--a program that
is supposed to convert Youtube videos to alternative forms such as MP3.
It seems fairly accessible, but when I copy and paste the address into
the address bar in the program and click convert, it just hangs.

Is anyone else on list using this program and if so, how does it work
for you?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Mike Thomas

I too would love to have the converter, especially if it doesn't have length limitations on it.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:00 PM

Hi Group,

I downloaded and installed a program called Youtube BLG--a program that
is supposed to convert Youtube videos to alternative forms such as MP3.
It seems fairly accessible, but when I copy and paste the address into
the address bar in the program and click convert, it just hangs.

Is anyone else on list using this program and if so, how does it work
for you?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Mike Thomas

yes, please post link.
Mike

[...]

Hi Carlos,

I am interested.  I must have missed this one. Does Carlos have his own patented Youtube to MP3 converter?  He was recommending Free Make for a while and then some other program.  Is that it?

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:00 PM

Hi Group,

I downloaded and installed a program called Youtube BLG--a program that
is supposed to convert Youtube videos to alternative forms such as MP3.
It seems fairly accessible, but when I copy and paste the address into
the address bar in the program and click convert, it just hangs.

Is anyone else on list using this program and if so, how does it work
for you?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Carlos

Patented?  LOL no.  I just created a portable copy of the standard Free YouTube to MP3 Converter.

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:00 PM

Hi Group,

I downloaded and installed a program called Youtube BLG--a program that
is supposed to convert Youtube videos to alternative forms such as MP3.
It seems fairly accessible, but when I copy and paste the address into
the address bar in the program and click convert, it just hangs.

Is anyone else on list using this program and if so, how does it work
for you?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Hi Carlos,

Using NVDA, Free Youtube to MP3 converter that you referenced is not accessible. Nothing is read at all with the review cursor and I cannot find an OK button in tab order under settings or any other place.  I assume you are using JAWS?

[...]

Yes, but it works for me with NVDA as well.

[...]

Where are the OK buttons for the dialogues in settings?  I just don't see them with NVDA latest version.

On 12/29/2016 3:48 PM, Carlos wrote:
[...]

It is just as accessible with NVdA.  It uses the inaccessible interface that must be made accessible by the designers.  I don't remember the name now.  It's the same interface as Tapin Radio uses.
The only setting I change is the conversion format and that is not in the settings area.  I see nothing worth working with in settings.  But if I did, I would try pressing enter on something and see what happens.  there are no updates since Carlos modified the program.

Not everything is accessible.  But the program is useable.

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:40 PM

[...]

If there is an "OK" button, it is not accessible, but I don't know what settings you are trying to change.  There are no settings really worth changing.  Just paste a YouTube URL into the main window, choose an output format/preset, wait a couple of seconds for the program to parse the URL, and select the
"Download File"
button.

[...]

Someone asked me about updates in a private message.  Generally you shouldn't have to bother with updates and I wouldn't recommend doing so with this version.  The only time updating should be necessary is if YouTube changes it's interface and you are experiencing problems, but in that case it is safer to inform me so I can update the package.

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:40 PM

[...]

Don't assume what should be in an interface.  There is no ok button in the Winam preferences dialog.  Neither is there one in Firefox preferences.  The same is true with the video converter, as I just verified by experimentation.  I pressed enter on donate and my default browser was opened to the page of the designer.  Assumedly, though this would have to be verified, all other items in settings can be activated in the same way though there is nothing that needs to be done there.  Did you also look through the menus?  You may or may not have any use for anything in the menus, but there are various items there.

Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 2:40 PM

[...]

I wanted to change the output or download folder from that long path to my easier to access folder.  I also may want to change formats and/or bit rates.

On 12/29/2016 4:12 PM, Carlos wrote:
[...]

One of the buttons says something like open download folder.  After I download something, I open the download folder, cut the file then I paste it wherever I want.  There may be a way to change the folder location, I didn't look particularly for that but it's so easy to just cut and paste that I never gave it any attention to speak of.

As far as changing the output is concerned, you have to work with the combo box.  You have to change it every time you open the program.  It doesn't remember the setting.  But all you have to do is move in the combo box to the setting you want.  I don't think you need to press enter, just move in the combo box.

[...]

The controls for changing the default download folder are not accessible.  Also, remember that this version is supposed to be portable so the launcher configures a subdirectory in the root folder of the program named
"Downloads"
as the default.  The only bitrates and formats which are available are the ones listed in the
"Output Preset"
combo box, at least in the free version.  The bitrates and formats listed here should be sufficient for most users.

[...]

Robin Frost

Hi,
I don’t think that the presets are any different in the premium user version though I can’t say for sure as no screen reader can find the button one executes after entering said code least not with any screen reader I possess. but if I ever get it activated for sure I’ll surely update.
Robin