keyboard command for closeing all open windows

george b <gbmagoo@...>

When I have drilled down I have several windows now open, and what is the windows 10 keyboard command to close all at once.

Thanks so much

The command to close windows is

Sent alt f4.from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2017, at 8:17 AM, george b <gbmagoo@...> wrote:

When I have drilled down I have several windows now open, and what is the windows 10 keyboard command to close all at once.

Thanks so much

Carlos

There is no native Windows shortcut that I am aware of for closing all open windows at once.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 9:17 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] keyboard command for closeing all open windows

Thanks so much

Alt F4 is for closing the entire program. If you have something like Word, Excel, or a browser open with multiple documents open you can hit control F for to close the documents with in that program.

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2017, at 8:22 AM, Ashley Breger via Groups.Io <ashbreger@...> wrote:

The command to close windows is

Sent alt f4.from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2017, at 8:17 AM, george b <gbmagoo@...> wrote:

Thanks so much

John Gregory <stratplayer@...>

Hi George,

Carlos is right, there is no native keyboard shortcut to do what you want. The only way of doing it, as others have suggested, is to use Alt + F4 to close the window. However, I did come across a utility that might do what you want. Take a look at the following webpage. I haven’t tried it out, don’t know if it is accessible to screen readers, or even if it actually works, so cannot say whether it is worth downloading or not, but looks like the type of thing you might be looking for.

http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/close-all.html

If you try it out, let the group know how you get on and how it works for you.

John.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of george b
Sent: 06 January 2017 14:17
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Thanks so much

Ron Canazzi

Hi Carlos,

Maybe this doesn't apply to Windows 10, but doesn't Windows  Key + M close all open Windows?  It always takes me to the desktop.  Maybe it's windows key + D then?

On 1/6/2017 11:37 AM, Carlos wrote:
There is no native Windows shortcut that I am aware of for closing all open windows at once.

Thanks so much

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Gene

Neither command closes anything.  At least one of them minimizes all windows which is not what is wanted. 

Gene

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] keyboard command for closeing all open windows

Hi Carlos,

Maybe this doesn't apply to Windows 10, but doesn't Windows  Key + M close all open Windows?  It always takes me to the desktop.  Maybe it's windows key + D then?

Thanks so much

--

Pamela Dominguez

No; it does not close the windows.  Pam.

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] keyboard command for closeing all open windows

Hi Carlos,

There is no native Windows shortcut that I am aware of for closing all open windows at once.

Thanks so much

--

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.7996 / Virus Database: 4749/13736 - Release Date: 01/09/17