the Home: a brief addendum

Joe Giovanelli

There are a few negatives with regard to the Google Home. At this time there is no remote.

Even when Tunein is opened, not all stations will play.

If we ask to hear a particular artist, the best we get is what Google calls a "Radio Mix." You'll hear the artist but you'll mostly hear a mix of many other artists. If we pay for either Google Play or Pandora, we hear the artist we ask for.

It is easier to set up the Echo than to set up the Google Home.

It seems that the Home can correctly answer a broader range of subject than Alexa does.

We'll have to see when or how the Home becomes even better than it is right now.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Debi Black <debiblackaz@...>

Hi Joe,

Can you write me off list, please?
debiblackaz@gmail.com
Thanks,
Deb
Thanks

There are a few negatives with regard to the Google Home. At this time there
is no remote.

Even when Tunein is opened, not all stations will play.

If we ask to hear a particular artist, the best we get is what Google calls
a "Radio Mix." You'll hear the artist but you'll mostly hear a mix of many
other artists. If we pay for either Google Play or Pandora, we hear the
artist we ask for.

It is easier to set up the Echo than to set up the Google Home.

It seems that the Home can correctly answer a broader range of subject than
Alexa does.

We'll have to see when or how the Home becomes even better than it is right
now.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Chris G <jedikent@...>

I agree, when I first received my Google Home on November 5, 2016 I could have it play the TWiT live stream by just saying "play twit live."
This no longer works and hasn't for a while. I can still play it with the echo.
If you ask Google Home questions, you can build on it. So for example, I can say "who is the president of the united states?" then say "how old is he?"

When I got google home it could do that and the Echo couldn't. Now the echo can.
It is obvious they are looking at each others devices.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
http://www.MysticAccess.com

Check out our eclectic and comprehensive assistive technology podcasts at:
http://www.MysticAccessPodcast.com

Join our free announce-only mailing list to receive product news, podcast updates and exclusive coupon codes. Please send a blank email to:

manews-subscribe@mysticaccess.email

Contact:

Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)

Twitter: MysticAccess
There are a few negatives with regard to the Google Home. At this time there is no remote.

Even when Tunein is opened, not all stations will play.

If we ask to hear a particular artist, the best we get is what Google calls a "Radio Mix." You'll hear the artist but you'll mostly hear a mix of many other artists. If we pay for either Google Play or Pandora, we hear the artist we ask for.

It is easier to set up the Echo than to set up the Google Home.

It seems that the Home can correctly answer a broader range of subject than Alexa does.

We'll have to see when or how the Home becomes even better than it is right now.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Laz

Does Google Home play the audio from Youtube?

On 1/6/17, Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@gmail.com> wrote:
There are a few negatives with regard to the Google Home. At this time there
is no remote.

Even when Tunein is opened, not all stations will play.

If we ask to hear a particular artist, the best we get is what Google calls
a "Radio Mix." You'll hear the artist but you'll mostly hear a mix of many
other artists. If we pay for either Google Play or Pandora, we hear the
artist we ask for.

It is easier to set up the Echo than to set up the Google Home.

It seems that the Home can correctly answer a broader range of subject than
Alexa does.

We'll have to see when or how the Home becomes even better than it is right
now.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Chris G <jedikent@...>

Not videos, you'd need to cast to a cast enabled device.
That is my understanding when I tried before.