E-MAIL NOTIFICATION SOUND

Hi Everyone:

Ok, I found an E-mail notification sound that I'd like to hear play when my
Inbox fills up with you know what! However, I'm too dumb to figure out
where to place it in this Windows7 64Bit Professional box.

Having beaten my computer to death and achieving no success, I gave up the
ghost and thought I'd ask for some pointers. I use Outlook as mail reader.
I think I'll also need help knowing how to select this preferred sound once
I can hopefully place it in the correct folder.

Witty sarcasm notwithstanding, gracious thanks as always for all help!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Robin Frost

Hi,
Wouldn't it have to go in
c:\Windows\Media?
I've also found that sounds work best when they're wav files when doing this. When pasting it in you'll get a you don't have permission prompt but once given it should allow it to go.
then you'd just go to sounds and edit your sound scheme assigning the sound to the event of your choosing.
Robin

Ok, I found an E-mail notification sound that I'd like to hear play when my
Inbox fills up with you know what! However, I'm too dumb to figure out
where to place it in this Windows7 64Bit Professional box.

Having beaten my computer to death and achieving no success, I gave up the
ghost and thought I'd ask for some pointers. I use Outlook as mail reader.
I think I'll also need help knowing how to select this preferred sound once
I can hopefully place it in the correct folder.

Witty sarcasm notwithstanding, gracious thanks as always for all help!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Sis Robin, good to have a sister like you helping to make me come close to
being a genius! I never thought of the Media folder in C:\Windows! It's
all good now, I'm a tad closer to being as smart as my smartphone! Gracious
thanks for all help.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado