From: Marie
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2017 10:30 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] groups.io

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Armando <armando.elevatorfan@...>

Go to groups.io. Click on toggle navigation. Click on account. Look for your email address and edit that field. Type your new email address and click on change email.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Armando <armando.elevatorfan@...>

You don't have to do that.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I think you will have to change each group individually. Instructions are at the bottom of messages.
I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I can find nothing like the toggle navigation on the site. I have never registered for a login so perhaps this is why I don’t find this.
Marie

Go to groups.io. Click on toggle navigation. Click on account. Look for your email address and edit that field. Type your new email address and click on change email.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Carlos

Yes, you do have to assign a password and then log in.  You will then see a link that is labeled your name.  After clicking this link, it will expand and you can then select the
"Account"
link and follow the rest of the instructions.

I can find nothing like the toggle navigation on the site. I have never registered for a login so perhaps this is why I don’t find this.
Marie

Go to groups.io. Click on toggle navigation. Click on account. Look for your email address and edit that field. Type your new email address and click on change email.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Okay, thanks and I will do that.
Marie

Yes, you do have to assign a password and then log in.  You will then see a link that is labeled your name.  After clicking this link, it will expand and you can then select the
"Account"
link and follow the rest of the instructions.
I can find nothing like the toggle navigation on the site. I have never registered for a login so perhaps this is why I don’t find this.
Marie

Go to groups.io. Click on toggle navigation. Click on account. Look for your email address and edit that field. Type your new email address and click on change email.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Marie, if you go to the website, and then go to your profile once you have logged in with your username and the password. There is a Area in there where you can remove the current email address, and in turn the new one. Then click the button that says change email, and then it will email you to your new email address you will replied, and then everything will be confirmed. I hope this helps.

On Jan 21, 2017, at 9:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Marten Post Uiterweer

Marie,

An other way is to go to:
https://groups.io/account
You will get a login screen, but there is also a link:
Email me a link to log in

If you enter on this link, you will receive a mail with a link to login.
\
This link will open the groups.io/account page directly where you can
change your email-address
You can jump to the editbox to change your email-address here.

Regards, Marten

On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@gmail.com> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

All of than scratch my instructions. But keep them for later. Click the login button, then click forgot password, Dan enter in your new our current email address, It was in Juling to reset your password. Then once this is done, it will automatically lock you into the website. Then repeat the instructions below.

On Jan 21, 2017, at 1:07 PM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I can find nothing like the toggle navigation on the site. I have never registered for a login so perhaps this is why I don’t find this.
Marie

Go to groups.io. Click on toggle navigation. Click on account. Look for your email address and edit that field. Type your new email address and click on change email.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Gene

As I recall it's a button near the top of the page.  I don't think you need to be signed in to see it but there isn't much point working with the site in your case unless you have an account.  You will need to create an account if you want to manage your lists on the site.

I can find nothing like the toggle navigation on the site. I have never registered for a login so perhaps this is why I don’t find this.
Marie

Go to groups.io. Click on toggle navigation. Click on account. Look for your email address and edit that field. Type your new email address and click on change email.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Jan 21, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Barb O'Connor

I am rather confused, (doesn't take much). I have never had a password for groups.io. I am a subscriber to a couple of groups as well as a moderator and list owner of one group. I have always used the send a login link. Would it be better for me to have a username and password of my own so I don't have to get a login link every 30 days? If so, where do I go to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Barb

Hi Marie, if you go to the website, and then go to your profile once you have logged in with your username and the password. There is a Area in there where you can remove the current email address, and in turn the new one. Then click the button that says change email, and then it will email you to your new email address you will replied, and then everything will be confirmed. I hope this helps.
On Jan 21, 2017, at 9:30 AM, Marie <magpie.mn@...> wrote:

I would like to change my email address for all groups.io lists to which I subscribe. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?
Thanks, Marie

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

I think groups.io is like Mailman, it reminds you of your password every month.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi, unfortunately no it does not do password reminders. However, you can go to the website and ask for your password to be reset.

On Jan 23, 2017, at 1:35 PM, Ann Parsons <akp@sero.email> wrote:

Hi all,

I think groups.io is like Mailman, it reminds you of your password every month.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Sugar

Hi Anne
Groups io does not send out monthly reminder's.
The only notices it will send out is those of what the owner put's out
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the
night.

Sugar