IndependentLiving.com

Carlos

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Rick Alfaro

Yes, I’ve purchased items from them in the past with no issues and their prices are pretty much the same as the other blindness related stores.

Best,

Rick Alfaro

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Naima Leigh

Yes, I used to get there catologs and loved them.

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Carlos

Thanks all.

Yes, I used to get there catologs and loved them.

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Sugar

I agree, I have purchased things from them as well. No complaints

sugar

night.

Sugar

Yes, I’ve purchased items from them in the past with no issues and their prices are pretty much the same as the other blindness related stores.

Best,

Rick Alfaro

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Gerald Levy

Yes, they are very much legitimate.  However, unless your order is at least $75, you will have to pay for UPS shipping, plus NY sales tax because they are located on Long Island.  In the past, they used to offer unlimited free shipping on certain holidays, but not lately.  Some of the products they sell are also available from Future Aids for about the same price or sometimes a little less, but because Future Aids sends all orders as free matter for the blind, there is no extra shipping charge.

Gerald

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Gerald Levy

Here’s another tip.  Some products sold by ILA, especially mainstream products that happen to be blind friendly,  are often sold by Amazon.com and EBay.com for much less.  For instance, ILA sells the Moshi talking bathroom scale for $50.  But Amazon sells the exact same scale for only $20 as the Newline SCB105 talking bathroom scale. So shop around before you order from ILA or any of the other blindness-products merchants.

Gerald

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 5:08 PM

Yes, they are very much legitimate.  However, unless your order is at least $75, you will have to pay for UPS shipping, plus NY sales tax because they are located on Long Island.  In the past, they used to offer unlimited free shipping on certain holidays, but not lately.  Some of the products they sell are also available from Future Aids for about the same price or sometimes a little less, but because Future Aids sends all orders as free matter for the blind, there is no extra shipping charge.

Gerald

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I have purchased several things from this site and found it very reliable and a good source for some items.
Marie

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Carlos

I bought the talking tape measure which they seem to have for a bit less than other sites with free shipping.

Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2017 5:08 PM

Yes, they are very much legitimate.  However, unless your order is at least $75, you will have to pay for UPS shipping, plus NY sales tax because they are located on Long Island.  In the past, they used to offer unlimited free shipping on certain holidays, but not lately.  Some of the products they sell are also available from Future Aids for about the same price or sometimes a little less, but because Future Aids sends all orders as free matter for the blind, there is no extra shipping charge.

Gerald

Is IndependentLiving.com a legitimate and reliable site for purchasing accessible products?  I have never used this one so I was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Dave Mitchel

what do they get in price for that talking tape measure?
thanks, dave

[...]

$104.95.  A bit pricy for a tape measure, but I need it at the moment so I gave in.

[...]

oh damn, that is pricy. hmm, I think I’ll just borrow yours. lol
thanks carlos.