From: "Marie" <magpie.mn@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 18:13:41 -0800
Subject: [TechTalk] Firefox

I am going to try to give Firefox a try. But how in the world can I get rid of that terrible sound effect? I could not stand to listen to that for long. LOL

Gene

What sound effect?  Firefox doesn't make any sounds unless you use an add on.  When do you hear it?

From: "Marie" <magpie.mn@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 18:13:41 -0800

I am going to try to give Firefox a try. But how in the world
can I get rid of that terrible sound effect? I could not stand to
listen to that for long. LOL

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

It seem sporadic but I will try to pin it down to certain events.

What sound effect?  Firefox doesn't make any sounds unless you use an add on.  When do you hear it?

I am going to try to give Firefox a try. But how in the world can I get rid of that terrible sound effect? I could not stand to listen to that for long. LOL

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Thanks for reminding me of this. I found the setting I needed under Tools/webvisum and now all is well.

What sound effect? Unless you have the captcha solving add on
installed, there are no sounds to my knowledge.

Sent from a BrailleNote

I am going to try to give Firefox a try. But how in the world
can I get rid of that terrible sound effect? I could not stand to
listen to that for long. LOL

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

That sound can be disabled. Look in webvisum settings.

What sound effect? Unless you have the captcha solving add on installed,
there are no sounds to my knowledge.

Sent from a BrailleNote

I am going to try to give Firefox a try. But how in the world can I get rid
of that terrible sound effect? I could not stand to listen to that for long.
LOL

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

Yes I got it done and thanks.
One more question regarding Firefox. I have an older version and should upgrade to the newer one. Will Web visum add in be retained and work correctly or will I have to reinstall? It is sort of a pain to get set up so I am hoping it transports easily to the newer version.

That sound can be disabled. Look in webvisum settings.

What sound effect? Unless you have the captcha solving add on installed,
there are no sounds to my knowledge.

Sent from a BrailleNote

I am going to try to give Firefox a try. But how in the world can I get rid
of that terrible sound effect? I could not stand to listen to that for long.
LOL

Gene

It depends o how old bhe version is.  What is the number?

Gene

That sound can be disabled.  Look in webvisum settings.

What sound effect? Unless you have the captcha solving add on installed,
there are no sounds to my knowledge.

Sent from a BrailleNote

It depends o how old bhe version is.  What is the number?

Gene

That sound can be disabled.  Look in webvisum settings.

What sound effect? Unless you have the captcha solving add on installed,
there are no sounds to my knowledge.

Sent from a BrailleNote

I am going to try to give Firefox a try.  But how in the world can I get rid
of that terrible sound effect? I could not stand to listen to that for long.
LOL

Gene

I'm not sure about whether you will need a new version of Webvisum.  If you do, you can download and install it from here.
Don't neglect to look at the instructions on the page since the installation procedure is different than usual.