fire tablet vs ipads

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

I’m googling and trying to find the newest articles discussing the differences between fire tablets and ipads.

What can yall tell me about the differences. Before I end this, hopefully the question not asked is “Well, depends what you are using it for.”

Just quick questions, and feel free to unload with your general answer, but can you practically do the same thing on a fire tablet like what you can do on an ipad?

Download apps, surf the net, check email, things like that.

Unless the google hit was incorrect, I am seeing a $50 fire tablet out there now.

I mean, if it can do what I just listed, I’ll save $150 for purchasing a fire tablet smile.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Carlos

Not something I've seriously investigated, but don't Fire tablets run a limited version of Android?  In which case, wouldn't you be better off just buying a standard Android tablet?  You can find some Android tablets for as little as $80 to $100.

I’m googling and trying to find the newest articles discussing the differences between fire tablets and ipads.

What can yall tell me about the differences. Before I end this, hopefully the question not asked is “Well, depends what you are using it for.”

Just quick questions, and feel free to unload with your general answer, but can you practically do the same thing on a fire tablet like what you can do on an ipad?

Download apps, surf the net, check email, things like that.

Unless the google hit was incorrect, I am seeing a $50 fire tablet out there now.

I mean, if it can do what I just listed, I’ll save $150 for purchasing a fire tablet smile.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I know nothing about these fire tablets, let alone a standard android tablet smile.

I began researching moments before I composed my email.

If there are limitations, Carlos you make a valid point!

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

[...]

You might want to read this article to get an idea of the differences.

[...]

Hahahha, “For an inexpensive tablet for watching videos, reading books, listening to music, browsing the web, checking email, and using Facebook, Amazon’s Kindle

Fire tablets are a fine deal.”

That were the answers to my questions.

So, what’s the voice on these tablets. Also, do I swipe and double tap like on an ipad? I know what’s her name, alexa, will answer after pressing the home button, but that’s different from when navigating the darn thing right? The home screen sounds boring too, but I’m blind, why should that matter right? Smile.

Thanks for the article.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

[...]

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

hi,
that's correct. and they are not google certified, menaing, no google play on it by default. and some apps will just simply refuse to run, or so I hear.

Sent from Thunderbird

On 26/02/17 11:44 AM, Carlos wrote:
[...]

kimsansong@icloud.com

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

no, you'll be using what's called voice view, of which, I know nothing, besides the name, unfortunately.

Sent from Thunderbird

https://www.howtogeek.com/232973/amazons-fire-os-vs.-googles-android-whats-the-difference/

kimsansong@icloud.com <mailto:kimsansong@icloud.com>

I’m googling and trying to find the newest articles discussing
the differences between fire tablets and ipads.

What can yall tell me about the differences. Before I end this,
hopefully the question not asked is “Well, depends what you are
using it for.”

Just quick questions, and feel free to unload with your general
answer, but can you practically do the same thing on a fire
tablet like what you can do on an ipad?

Download apps, surf the net, check email, things like that.

Unless the google hit was incorrect, I am seeing a $50 fire
tablet out there now.

I mean, if it can do what I just listed, I’ll save $150 for
purchasing a fire tablet smile.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@icloud.com <mailto:kimsansong@icloud.com>

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I have one and it is very good for the price. The camera is not quite as good as on a IPad. Your limited to the Amazon apps, but there are thousands to choose from.VVoice Biew is a very good screen reader. You do swipe and double tap. not sure if the gesters are the same as an IPad. Alexa is excellent.

no, you'll be using what's called voice view, of which, I know nothing,
besides the name, unfortunately.

Sent from Thunderbird

On 26/02/17 12:03 PM, Kimsan wrote:
> Hahahha, “For an inexpensive tablet for watching videos, reading books,
> listening to music, browsing the web, checking email, and using
> Facebook, Amazon’s Kindle
>
> Fire tablets are a fine deal.”
>
> That were the answers to my questions.
>
> So, what’s the voice on these tablets. Also, do I swipe and double tap
> like on an ipad? I know what’s her name, alexa, will answer after
> pressing the home button, but that’s different from when navigating the
> darn thing right? The home screen sounds boring too, but I’m blind, why
> should that matter right? Smile.
>
> Thanks for the article.
>

> Respectfully,
>
> Kimsan Song
>
> kimsansong@...

Laz

Amazon bought Ivona a few years ago so the voices are the Ivona
voices. The US voices are Sally and Joey. They're very good voices but
don't have much of a lag if at all on the Fire tablets.

Laz

On 2/26/17, Kimsan <kimsansong@icloud.com> wrote:
[...]

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Laz

We sell these tablets on our site and we do put the Google Play Store
on them plus set up the accessibility. Thus far the only apps known
not to run on the Fire tablets are TalkBack and other TTS apps from
Google's Play Store. However there is a different Screen reader called
Shine which does run on the Fire Tablets.

Laz

On 2/26/17, Rajmund <brajmund2000@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Zachary Morris <morriszachary99@...>

Amazon made their own OS, which is a forked version of Android. I personally think that the accessibility of the Fire Tablet is amazing. It is a little low on specs, but for a $50 tablet, I think you should go for it. You can technically put the Play Store on it, though it is a little tricky. I had a friend who is on this list that helped me get the Google Play Store on my Fire. And I do not regret getting that on there, but even still, you can do all of the things that was listed in your email.
Thanks,
Zachary Morris

[...]

Ivona is the voice on it. But yes, you do have to swipe and double tap, though there are a few different commands from Ipad.
Thanks,
Zachary Morris

I'm googling and trying to find the newest articles discussing the
differences between fire tablets and ipads.

What can yall tell me about the differences. Before I end this, hopefully
the question not asked is "Well, depends what you are using it for."

Just quick questions, and feel free to unload with your general answer, but
can you practically do the same thing on a fire tablet like what you can do
on an ipad?

Download apps, surf the net, check email, things like that.

Unless the google hit was incorrect, I am seeing a $50 fire tablet out there
now.

I mean, if it can do what I just listed, I'll save $150 for purchasing a
fire tablet smile.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@icloud.com <mailto:kimsansong@icloud.com

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I thought I might give the Fire a try but when I put in the order, it was not going to ship for 2 months. I felt this was unacceptable when they are an Amazon product so I cancelled the order. Has anyone else had this experience?

[...]

We have the 7-inch Fire tablet and the HD8 model with no ads currently
in stock. We turn on accessibility and install the Google Play Store.
If interested check here:

http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Talking-Tablets_c_36.html

Laz

On 2/26/17, Marie <magpie.mn@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

They have that amazon app store or whatever it's call though right which I
believe is similar?

Respectfully,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com

I'm googling and trying to find the newest articles discussing the
differences between fire tablets and ipads.

What can yall tell me about the differences. Before I end this,
hopefully the question not asked is "Well, depends what you are
using it for."

Just quick questions, and feel free to unload with your general
answer, but can you practically do the same thing on a fire tablet
like what you can do on an ipad?

Download apps, surf the net, check email, things like that.

Unless the google hit was incorrect, I am seeing a $50 fire tablet
out there now.

I mean, if it can do what I just listed, I'll save $150 for
purchasing a fire tablet smile.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@icloud.com

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

What's the difference between the 7 and 8?
So far, you guys have me sold.
I might purchase this week.

Respectfully,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com

[...]

Someone said you can only use Amazon apps so what can you use from the Play Store?
Will Rockbox now support the reading of Audible books? I would love to have a little Sansa to slip in my pocket or purse but I would want to listen to Audible. It is the only thing preventing me from that purchase.

[...]

It's similar but doesn't have all the apps found on the Google Play Store.

[...]

Larger Screen/better resolution, faster processor, more RAM, and
Stereo speakers.

[...]

I'll purchase the 8 from you tomorrow afternoon, if you guys have them.

Respectfully,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@icloud.com

--