date and time

Sugar

Hi

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”

~Blessings, Sugar

Avast logo

This is a screen-reader behavior.  I am not aware of a JAWS way to do this but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  NVDA announces the day.

gene

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”

~Blessings, Sugar

Avast logo

Also, JAWS says the day when I use the insert f12 command.  I almost never use JAWS these days but that's what it does.  Why your JAWS doesn't say the day and why mine does is something I don't know.  I don't recall making any change in JAWS that would affect this behavior.

[...]

Carlos

1. Open the
"Run"
dialog by pressing Windows key+R and type
intl.cpl
followed by Enter.
2. Tab to the
"Long date"
combo box and select a format.  You probably want the first format listed in the combo box.  At least with JAWS, this setting determines the formatting of how the date is spoken.
3. Tab to the
"OK"
button and select it to save the changes.

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”

~Blessings, Sugar

Avast logo

Sugar

Thank you Carlos

That worked  per’r’r’r’r’r’r’r’r’r’rfect for me.smile

Sugar

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my
trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life” (
Psalm 143:8).
-Sugar

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”

~Blessings, Sugar

Avast logo

Avast logo

Sugar

Thanks. I got it figured out.

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

With JAWS, Press Insert-F12 once; it gives the time. Press
Insert, then F12 twice quickly, and it will say Tuesday,
March 7.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the
date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full
date?

For example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me "Tuesday or
Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, "Let your
speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may
know how ye ought to answer every man."

~Blessings, Sugar

________________________________

=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> This
email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus
software.
=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Veronica Kirk

Sugar, if you press insert and then F12 twice it should read Tuesday, March 7, 2017.

Veronica

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”

~Blessings, Sugar

Carlos

I believe Sugar specified in her original message she was already familiar with this command, but that it was not in fact speaking the date in the expected format.

Sugar, if you press insert and then F12 twice it should read Tuesday, March 7, 2017.

Veronica

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

There is speaking grace. Colossians 4:6 says, “Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”

~Blessings, Sugar

Sugar

Yes that is correct

It does that

Something was changed that it did not say the day but I got that figured out

Thank you so much. I appreciate that

[...]

Walt Smith

This can be done, but it involves a modification to a script. If Sugar wants to know how, she should get with me offline. Carlos’ solution won’t work, since the script that controls this specifically dictates the format of the date that’s to be retrieved and spoken.

--

Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

ka3agm@...

This is a screen-reader behavior.  I am not aware of a JAWS way to do this but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  NVDA announces the day.

gene

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

Walt Smith

I’m a little surprised that Carlos’ suggestion worked, but if it did, that’s great.

This is a screen-reader behavior.  I am not aware of a JAWS way to do this but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  NVDA announces the day.

gene

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

Sugar

It really wasn’t as difficult or techy as it sounds..smile

I just went to date and time and went to change calender then chose from the many options I had.

Thanks so much.

All is well and working great.

Thankful

[...]

I had always assumed that this was a screen-reader behavior but evidently not.  NVDA has an interesting add on that allows you to change how the time is read but I didn't know the date was changeable as described by Carlos.

I’m a little surprised that Carlos’ suggestion worked, but if it did, that’s great.

This is a screen-reader behavior.  I am not aware of a JAWS way to do this but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  NVDA announces the day.

gene

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

Carlos

The solution I suggested does work.  I would not have posted it otherwise.

This is a screen-reader behavior.  I am not aware of a JAWS way to do this but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  NVDA announces the day.

gene

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

Angelo Sonnesso

Use Windows 17 gives you the day and the date.

I will look in the scripts, and see if I can extract the section you need.

73 N2DYN Angelo

The solution I suggested does work.  I would not have posted it otherwise.

This is a screen-reader behavior.  I am not aware of a JAWS way to do this but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  NVDA announces the day.

gene

On Windows 7, using jaws 14 and office 2010

When I press the insert and F12it tells me the time

If I press the same keys again it will give me the date(March 7, 2017)

Is there a setting that would allow me to hear the day, full date?

For  example

Pressing F12 is the time

Pressing F12 again I would like it to read me “Tuesday or Tues. March 17, 2017)

Is that possible?

I hope that was clear.

Sugar

Carlos

I'm not sure what you mean and I don't believe additional effort is necessary since the suggested solution resolved the issue.

[...]

True, and it did

Thank you Carlos

[...]

Sorry about that, I never received the message with the solution.

73 N2DYN Angelo