Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:16 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] configuring nvda for internet explorer

Hello, All,

I'm running Win7 Pro. NVDA does work properly with Internet Explorer.

I do not understand many of the menus in NVDA. I need to know how to set them up so I can use IE successfully?

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

Joe Giovanelli

Joe Giovanelli

Hello, Gene,

Thank you for writing.

My difficulty with NVDA is that I do not understand the concepts well enough to know what will happen when I change items in the browser or document formatting preferences.

I do not know what embedded objects, banner landmarks or frames are.

I changed some things and made matters worse. I reset them, however.

I hope this makes my message make more sense.

Joe Giovanelli

Do you know how to find things in the help system? The users guide explains all the configuration items. While you may want to change a setting or two outside of the document formatting menu, that's were the settings almost all are that you might want to change, if you do want to change settings.

The settings you would want to change deal with what is announced such as tables, block quotes, headings and other features as you move through a web page. If you look at the settings in document formatting, you will see a lot of things you can have or not have announced.

From: Gene  <gsasner@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017 13:31

> Do you know how to find things in the help system?  The users guide explains all the configuration items.  While you may want to change a setting or two outside of the document formatting menu, that's were the settings almost all are that you might want to change, if you do want to change settings.

> The settings you would want to change deal with what is announced such as tables, block quotes, headings and other features as you move through a web page.  If you look at the settings in document formatting, you will see a lot of things you can have or not have announced.

> Gene

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, Gene,

I routinely navigate the Net with System Access. Thanks to you, I can go back into the menus and turn things off. With them gone, maybe navigating will work as expected.

Joe G.

From: Gene <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017 16:35