Pac Mate

Sugar

Hi all

I have tried to sub to the Pac Mate list but I am being told that there is no group

Does anyone know how to transfer files from the desk top to the Pac mate?

Thanks

Sugar

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can’t we all be like that wise old bird?

– Edward Hersey Richards

-So True, Sugar

Avast logo

Donald L. Roberts

Sugar, I wanted to respond and tell you how I do it.  Since the Pacmate uses compact flash cards, get yourself a cheap USB card reader and a couple of compact flash cards.  Then dump the files to be transferred on to a compact flash card.  Then transfer that compact flash card to your Pacmate and transfer those files easily and reliably.  Remember that the Compact flash cards have to be formatted as FAT, not FAT 32. Incidentally, I paid no more than ten dollars for the card reader I am talking about. The only potential problem is that Compact flash cards are not as readily available as they once were.

Don Roberts

On 3/30/2017 9:03 AM, Sugar wrote:

Hi all

I have tried to sub to the Pac Mate list but I am being told that there is no group

Does anyone know how to transfer files from the desk top to the Pac mate?

Thanks

Sugar

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can’t we all be like that wise old bird?

– Edward Hersey Richards

-So True, Sugar

Avast logo

Carlos

Actually, Compact Flash cards are just as readily available now as they always have been.  Many cameras especially high-end models still use them.

[...]

Josh Kennedy

you need some old program called activeSynk. its about 9 or 10 years old and have no idea where to get it or if it would even work on modern windows versions.

On 3/30/2017 12:03 PM, Sugar wrote:

Hi all

I have tried to sub to the Pac Mate list but I am being told that there is no group

Does anyone know how to transfer files from the desk top to the Pac mate?

Thanks

Sugar

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can’t we all be like that wise old bird?

– Edward Hersey Richards

-So True, Sugar

Avast logo

Sugar

Thank you Don. I will look for some as well. Sugar

Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.

Lao Tzu

-Sugar

�

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can�t we all be like that wise old bird?

� Edward Hersey Richards

-So True, Sugar

�

Avast logo

Avast logo

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

hi,
actually, windows mobile center should work, as well. that's what I use for the apex, and braille sense. it's windows vista and above, I believe. you should find it, if you google for it.

Sent from Thunderbird

On 30/03/17 9:22 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
you need some old program called activeSynk. its about 9 or 10 years old
and have no idea where to get it or if it would even work on modern
windows versions.

On 3/30/2017 12:03 PM, Sugar wrote:

_Hi all_

_I have tried to sub to the Pac Mate list but I am being told that
there is no group_

_Does anyone know how to transfer files from the desk top to the Pac
mate?_

_Thanks_

_Sugar_

_ _

/A wise old owl lived in an oak/
/The more he saw the less he spoke/
/The less he spoke the more he heard./
/Why can’t we all be like that wise old bird?/

/– Edward Hersey Richards/

-So True, Sugar

Avast logo

Sugar

Thank you I have downloaded it.
[...]

---
Avast logo
_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

[...]

Yap, gen. Carlos; I do own a camera that still uses a CompactFlash Card.
And it still works, capable of taking pictures from about 200 feet away.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Sugar, the pac Mate is defunked. unless you just want to use it as a notetaker, not going online, not downloading anything, not being able to do anything except what is on the unit itself, then forget it! It's the equivalent of using a door stop.

Now, if you want to look into the ElBraille, VFO's new and supposedly spiffy Windows tablet, with Braille costing $6,000.00, you might get a good deal. I've not seen this ElBraille, don't even know if it's out yet.

Why don't you invest in a BrailleNote Apex QT from Humanware. they are selling at a good rate these days. You will pay for the Braille, though. If you don't want Braille, then get either a Windows tablet or an Android tablet and a keyboard to go with it. You'd spend far less money and be much better off.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

Hi there,
Humanware may still sell the voiceNote apex Querty, though. Just may.

Sent from a BrailleNote

[...]

If Humanware does sell the VoiceNote, it's not listed on their web site.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Angelo Sonnesso

Do you have a compact flash card?

On 3/30/2017 12:03 PM, Sugar wrote:

Hi all

I have tried to sub to the Pac Mate list but I am being told that there is no group

Does anyone know how to transfer files from the desk top to the Pac mate?

Thanks

Sugar

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can’t we all be like that wise old bird?

– Edward Hersey Richards

-So True, Sugar

Avast logo

Sugar

No, I was able to transfer what I needed by a standard USB   cord and I am ready.

Thanks

I even have internet and e mail on it..smile