Keyboard recommendations needed

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

I must work with a laptop that does not have a dedicated numeric pad.  It is running windows 7 professional.  Rather than lose productivity while learning my screen reader’s laptop layout, I thought I’d invest in a full-sized wireless keyboard.  I can use either blue tooth or usb dongle type keyboards.  I want one that can be easily configured such that the function keys perform like the old style pf keys without pressing the fn key.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

Thank you,
George

Joe

Best Buy carries the Logitech keyboards. I think one model I really
liked was the M8000? It featured a nice full keyboard with plenty of
key travel, six-pack of operational keys (Home, End, Insert, Delete,
Page Up, Page Down) and I'm pretty sure the F keys could be configured
the way you're looking for.--Joe

On 3/30/17, George McCoy <slr1bpz@charter.net> wrote:
I must work with a laptop that does not have a dedicated numeric pad. It is
running windows 7 professional. Rather than lose productivity while
learning my screen reader’s laptop layout, I thought I’d invest in a
full-sized wireless keyboard. I can use either blue tooth or usb dongle
type keyboards. I want one that can be easily configured such that the
function keys perform like the old style pf keys without pressing the fn
key.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

Thank you,
George

David Ferrin <dpf.1996@...>

Logitech makes a nice wireless USB keyboard mouse combo for around $20.

It is full sized but only a single applications key. I have owned it for maybe 3 years or so already and still on the first set of batteries.

I must work with a laptop that does not have a dedicated numeric pad.  It is running windows 7 professional.  Rather than lose productivity while learning my screen reader’s laptop layout, I thought I’d invest in a full-sized wireless keyboard.  I can use either blue tooth or usb dongle type keyboards.  I want one that can be easily configured such that the function keys perform like the old style pf keys without pressing the fn key.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

Thank you,
George

David Ferrin

Carlos

The following are both keyboards which I personally own.  The first one
is a full-sized keyboard which has a built-in touchpad and uses an RF USB dongle.  The second one
uses bluetooth, can pair with up to 5 separate devices, and can also be used in USB wired mode.  Both have the F keys assigned to the standard functions by default.

I must work with a laptop that does not have a dedicated numeric pad.  It is running windows 7 professional.  Rather than lose productivity while learning my screen reader’s laptop layout, I thought I’d invest in a full-sized wireless keyboard.  I can use either blue tooth or usb dongle type keyboards.  I want one that can be easily configured such that the function keys perform like the old style pf keys without pressing the fn key.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

Thank you,
George

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Thanks Carlos.
I looked at both of them.  The second one is described as being for mac computers.  Do you use it on a windows pc as well?

George

[...]

Very few keyboards are that OS specific.  Although some are designed with a certain operating system in mind.  Also, I am using it on Windows an if you read further down the page, it does list Windows compatibility.

[...]

Perfect.  Thanks again.

George

[...]

Brent Harding

I thought usually that mac keyboards have the alt and windows keys swapped, but you can use programs like Sharp Keys to remap them to be the proper way for Windows.