.pub files

Joe Giovanelli

Hi,

Is there software to help read .pub files?

Joe G.

Tristan Bussiere

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are referring to .pub or .epub, so I'll explain
both here: .pub is a format for Microsoft Publisher, and you will need
Microsoft Publisher to view it. .epub is a format for books and other
documents. To read epub, I usually go with QRead from q-continuum.net.

On 4/3/17, Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there software to help read .pub files?

Joe G.

Carlos

I'm not sure if you are referring to .pub or .epub, so I'll explain
both here: .pub is a format for Microsoft Publisher, and you will need
Microsoft Publisher to view it. .epub is a format for books and other
documents. To read epub, I usually go with QRead from q-continuum.net.

On 4/3/17, Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there software to help read .pub files?

Joe G.

David Mehler

Hi,

I was just about to ask about .epub files, thanks for explaining.

Do you know what .mobi files are?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 4/3/17, Tristan Bussiere <tristan@tristanb.me> wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if you are referring to .pub or .epub, so I'll explain
both here: .pub is a format for Microsoft Publisher, and you will need
Microsoft Publisher to view it. .epub is a format for books and other
documents. To read epub, I usually go with QRead from q-continuum.net.

On 4/3/17, Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there software to help read .pub files?

Joe G.

Carlos

.mobi is just another eBook format used by Amazon.

I was just about to ask about .epub files, thanks for explaining.

Do you know what .mobi files are?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 4/3/17, Tristan Bussiere <tristan@tristanb.me> wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if you are referring to .pub or .epub, so I'll explain
both here: .pub is a format for Microsoft Publisher, and you will need
Microsoft Publisher to view it. .epub is a format for books and other
documents. To read epub, I usually go with QRead from q-continuum.net.

On 4/3/17, Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there software to help read .pub files?

Joe G.

john s

Do you mean epub files?

At 02:58 PM 4/3/2017, you wrote:
Hi,

Is there software to help read .pub files?

Joe G.

John

Joe Giovanelli

Hi, Carlos,

Thank you for the Balaboka recommendation. As so often happens, I had unexpected difficulties.

1. I could not close the program when I was done. I tried to exit via the File menue; no good.

I opened a .pub file. It fead garbage.

I read some of the Help info. I did not see .pub files in the list of supported file types. Perhaps I just didn't hear it when it was read.

I was usoing System Access, and Eloquence was not recognized when I went to the Voices. All I saw was Anna, not a good one. If I solve these other mysteries, I'll install Zira and, of course, the Speech Platform first.

I look forward to learning what I'm doing wrong.

As always, thank you for reading this.

Joe Giovanelli

I'm not sure if you are referring to .pub or .epub, so I'll explain
both here: .pub is a format for Microsoft Publisher, and you will need
Microsoft Publisher to view it. .epub is a format for books and other
documents. To read epub, I usually go with QRead from q-continuum.net.

On 4/3/17, Joe Giovanelli <joegio100@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there software to help read .pub files?

Joe G.

Carlos

I should have clarified, Balabolka supports .epub files, not .pub files.