Gmail.

Carolyn Arnold

Can anyone give me the steps to take to get my gmail to come into Outlook? Thanks.

Best from,

Carolyn

John Gregory <stratplayer@...>

OK Carolyn,

The following takes the view that you have already set up your Gmail email
address and merely want to download email via pop to your Outlook client:

1. Go to the gmail website and sign in;

2. Make sure you are in the 'basic html view' and not the 'standard' view,
there is a link that takes you to the basic html view and then once in basic
view you can scroll down to click on 'set basic html as default view';

3. Now press Control + Home to go to the top of the page, press 'h' to go to
press Enter;

4. You will find yourself with some options, arrow down to 'pforwarding and
opp/imap and press Enter;

5. Arrow down through the forwarding option until you get to 'Pop Download';

6. Press spacebar on 'enable pop' so that the radio button is selected;

7. Select the option you want, i.e. 'Enable pop for all mail', 'Enable pop
for mail that arrives from now on', or 'Disable pop';

8. Arrow down to the combo box to choose how Gmail treats mail on the web,
best option is 'delete Gmail's copy';

9. Arrow down to 'Imap'options and select the 'disable imap' option;

10. Arrow down to 'Save Changes' button and press Enter.

OK, that is the web side of things done, are you OK setting up the Outlook
settings or would you like the correct settings?

John.

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:35 PM

[...]

Billy Inglis

hi, is it easy to set up Ima?, please advise. I have pop set up on all my devices including laptop thunderbird client.
How difficult or easy is it to set up and configure?, Billy

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:07 PM Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

[...]

(218-606-0475 <(218)%20606-0475>) and I will do my best to respond to you
promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

John Gregory <stratplayer@...>

OK then Carolyn, just substitute the 'enable pop' to 'disable pop' and 'disable imap' to 'enable imap' in the webpage settings of Gmail. If your Outlook is set up to receive imap then all should be good to go.

John.

[...]

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

POP3 accounts allow one and only one computer to download email from a server at one time. They work great if you just have a computer and you want to receive mail on it and not on other devices like a tablet or a smart phone.

IMap accounts allow more than one device to access an email server at the same time. When a device downloads email, it notifies the other devices which are linked to it that it has done so, and all the devices download the email at the same time. This allows you to start reading your email on a computer before you go to work, and to continue the process on a smart phone while on the bus to work, finally finishing the process at your desk computer at work. As each email is dealt with all the others do the same action, so if you read ten emails and delete eight, the eight emails will be deleted from each of your devices. this is convenient if you use multiple devices throughout your day to communicate via email. If you don't, then POP3 will do just fine. I found the ability to access my email invaluable while I was away two weeks ago. I used my tablet, and was able to keep up with my email so I didn't have tonns of the stuff when I returned.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Pamela Dominguez

Mine are synchronized on the two computers.  Pam.