From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] print braille with regular lazer printer

9) We would love reports on this: "The New Touchable Ink from Samsung
Allows Any Laser Printer to Print Braille:"
http://bit.ly/2po0fte

---
http://www.avg.com

Josh Kennedy

yes that is what I figured also. Even if you did make braille in that way it would not be very durable and readable for long, more like throw-away-braille or like writing with a slate using thin copy paper. I really hope the inexpensive braigo braille printer comes out soon.

On 4/27/2017 9:21 AM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
I have seen braille like that. My electric company used to get their bills done that way. They were on regular computer paper, with dots made of ink that would fall off. I was glad when they started really getting them done on a braille printer. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

9) We would love reports on this: "The New Touchable Ink from Samsung
Allows Any Laser Printer to Print Braille:"
http://bit.ly/2po0fte

---
http://www.avg.com

Victor

Yes, I think the inexpensive Braigo brailler sounds more promising
than this. Better yet, I think the inexpensive Braille tablets may
show the most promise for those who want to use Braille a lot.

Victor

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

9) We would love reports on this: "The New Touchable Ink from Samsung
Allows Any Laser Printer to Print Braille:"
http://bit.ly/2po0fte

---
http://www.avg.com

Josh Kennedy

I wonder how the braille will feel on the blitab? will it be nice firm signage quality braille like on the orbit reader 20 perhaps?

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

9) We would love reports on this: "The New Touchable Ink from Samsung
Allows Any Laser Printer to Print Braille:"
http://bit.ly/2po0fte

---
http://www.avg.com

Josh Kennedy

I hope also the blitab will be flexible and let us read anything from standard braille, all the way to nemeth math, music braille, and all kinds of foreign language braille and any braille code you would wish or need.

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

9) We would love reports on this: "The New Touchable Ink from Samsung
Allows Any Laser Printer to Print Braille:"
http://bit.ly/2po0fte

---
http://www.avg.com

Victor

I agree. I too hope the Braille dots are firm and that the device is
very flexible.

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:50 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

9) We would love reports on this: "The New Touchable Ink from Samsung
Allows Any Laser Printer to Print Braille:"
http://bit.ly/2po0fte

---
http://www.avg.com

I am impatiently waiting for Blitab; if it pans out as advertised, it will
knock out the likes of BrailleSense, BrailleNote Touch, Orbit, B2G and any
of their cousins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Jamie

What is Blitab?

I am impatiently waiting for Blitab; if it pans out as advertised, it will
knock out the likes of BrailleSense, BrailleNote Touch, Orbit, B2G and any
of their cousins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Josh Kennedy

go to www.blitab.com and read about it. its a 25 line braille android tablet.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 27, 2017 17:14:51 "Jamie" <jamdim@comcast.net> wrote:

What is Blitab?

I am impatiently waiting for Blitab; if it pans out as advertised, it will
knock out the likes of BrailleSense, BrailleNote Touch, Orbit, B2G and any
of their cousins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Victor

Blitab is a new tablet for the blind that has, in essence, a full page of refreshable Braille that covers the surface of the tablet. I think the entire touch screen is covered with Braille. You'll be able to read what's on the tablet like you read a whole page of Braille.

Victor

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 27, 2017, at 2:14 PM, Jamie <jamdim@comcast.net> wrote:

What is Blitab?

-----Original Message----- From: Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I am impatiently waiting for Blitab; if it pans out as advertised, it will
knock out the likes of BrailleSense, BrailleNote Touch, Orbit, B2G and any
of their cousins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Jamie

Thank you, Victor and Josh for answering my question. I looked on the site, but can't find out when it's going to come out. Does anyone know when?

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I am impatiently waiting for Blitab; if it pans out as advertised, it will
knock out the likes of BrailleSense, BrailleNote Touch, Orbit, B2G and any
of their cousins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Carlos

They've been promoting it since at least 2015 so who knows.

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I am impatiently waiting for Blitab; if it pans out as advertised, it will
knock out the likes of BrailleSense, BrailleNote Touch, Orbit, B2G and any
of their cousins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Victor

I don't know when it will come out, but I do know they are looking for testers.

Victor

Sent from my iPad

-----Original Message----- From: Victor

Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I am impatiently waiting for Blitab; if it pans out as advertised, it will
knock out the likes of BrailleSense, BrailleNote Touch, Orbit, B2G and any
of their cousins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Victor, I signed up to be a tester, no dice yet! Wonder why? They're based
in Austria and they hope to be able to sell the Blitab in the mainstream as
opposed to going through someone who's a dealer of adaptive technology.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Victor

I'm glad you signed up to be a tester! I did too! I think they will need many testers in order to make this a good product and it to serve us well. They emailed me and said that it might be a while before I heard from them again because they had a high number of people applying to be testers.

Victor

Sent from my iPad