Odd Issue With Internal Storage Drive On Windows 8.1 Computer

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I have a problem of unknown origin on my Windows 8.1 internal storage drive. I believe it had to do with deleting a large number of files. After this procedure, and a restart, at first the drive did not show up under Windows Explorer. A total shutdown and restart resulted in the drive now being recognized, but no content is accessible. I tried using the error checking feature and while this utility identifies errors, when I attempt to repair them, Windows informs me that there is a problem with error checking and to retry. This results in an endless loop. What could be causing this and how can it be resolved?

Interestingly enough, under the properties of the drive, it shows a used space figure that seems accurate enough as well as a free space figure that also seems accurate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"