From: Carlos
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2017 12:44 AM
Subject: Virtual Recorder utility not working correctly in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

It seems that the Virtual Recorder utility is no longer working in Windows 10.  Probably due to incompatibilities, the audio virtual capture device is causing FFmpeg to completely freeze up.  That's what I get for not testing more often.  I have no idea how long the problem has existed so it could go back to the Anniversary edition.  Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about this until or unless the developer updates the DLL.  Recording via the sound card/hardware audio devices still seems to work as expected, but the ability to record anything playing through the sound card is broken.  You can still use your sound card's
"Stereo Mix"/"What You Hear"
option if it has that capability to achieve similar results, but the primary reason for creating Virtual Recorder was for cards especially on laptops that do not have that feature.  My apologies.  I will of course post a fix if the DLL is ever updated, but considering that the last release was made three years ago, I won't be holding my breath.

Gene

I'm really happy I don't have Windows 10, or at least Windows 10 as my only opption.  Forced updates and no way to solve problems that may be important to some users.  I wonder if this means that other programs, such as
Audacity, won't work either with this feature.