Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 2:22 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Linux accessibility

Hello,
I was wondering if we had any linux users on the list? If so, I was wondering aside from Vinux, what are the most accessible linux distros one can use successfully? I tried Ubuntu Mate and the latest version will not read certain things like the desktop. Any suggestions would grately be appreciated, thanks.
Armando

Nimer Jaber

I believe that this may be hardware-specific... I am using and have used Mate, and do not experience issues with reading desktop icons. If it isn't working for you with the default file manager, whatever that is, try installing nautilus and making that the default.

Thanks.

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:27 PM Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
Sonar
is another accessible distro.  Although I haven't tested it myself so I can't provide any feedback.