jaBuT - Free accessible backup software #software #freeware

Carlos

I recently discovered a free accessible backup application called jaBuT.  It doesn't have every feature in the book, but it is fairly comprehensive for something that is free.  Backup programs which are both free and accessible are not very common.  The last version had a few accessibility related issues so I've been communicating with the developer to resolve them.  Today he released a new version and most of these issues have been fixed.  There are still a couple of sections which could do with more accessible labeling, but I think it is usable enough at this point.  The link to the homepage is below.

David Moore

Thanks a lot, Carlos, I downloaded the jaBuT back up tool. This looks great! Never heard of this. I love hearing about new options that are accessible.

Have a great one.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 9:06 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] jaBuT - Free accessible backup software

I recently discovered a free accessible backup application called jaBuT.  It doesn't have every feature in the book, but it is fairly comprehensive for something that is free.  Backup programs which are both free and accessible are not very common.  The last version had a few accessibility related issues so I've been communicating with the developer to resolve them.  Today he released a new version and most of these issues have been fixed.  There are still a couple of sections which could do with more accessible labeling, but I think it is usable enough at this point.  The link to the homepage is below.

David Ferrin <dpf.1996@...>

I like the name, Just another backup tool. I’ll kick the tires on it and see how it goes, thanks.

Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 9:06 PM

I recently discovered a free accessible backup application called jaBuT.  It doesn't have every feature in the book, but it is fairly comprehensive for something that is free.  Backup programs which are both free and accessible are not very common.  The last version had a few accessibility related issues so I've been communicating with the developer to resolve them.  Today he released a new version and most of these issues have been fixed.  There are still a couple of sections which could do with more accessible labeling, but I think it is usable enough at this point.  The link to the homepage is below.

David Ferrin
Life is what happens after you have already made other plans.

Carlos

The developer of jaBuT has released another update.  The homepage is below.
And here are direct download links for anyone who has trouble finding them.
x86 Setup-Package
x86 Portable-Zip
x64 Setup-Package
x64 Portable-Zip

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 9:06 PM

David Ferrin <dpf.1996@...>

I did give it a try when you first mentioned it and it worked fine in my test runs. It is a little different than I am accustomed to but not bad overall.

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] jaBuT - Free accessible backup software

And here are direct download links for anyone who has trouble finding them.
x86 Setup-Package
x86 Portable-Zip
x64 Setup-Package
x64 Portable-Zip

I recently discovered a free accessible backup application called jaBuT.  It doesn't have every feature in the book, but it is fairly comprehensive for something that is free.  Backup programs which are both free and accessible are not very common.  The last version had a few accessibility related issues so I've been communicating with the developer to resolve them.  Today he released a new version and most of these issues have been fixed.  There are still a couple of sections which could do with more accessible labeling, but I think it is usable enough at this point.  The link to the homepage is below.

David Ferrin

Carlos

Yes it seems to work well enough.  Normally it wouldn't have attracted my attention, but free and accessible backup applications are somewhat rare.  Most of the truly flexible ones are not free.

Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 8:22 AM

I did give it a try when you first mentioned it and it worked fine in my test runs. It is a little different than I am accustomed to but not bad overall.

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 9:30 PM

And here are direct download links for anyone who has trouble finding them.
x86 Setup-Package
x86 Portable-Zip
x64 Setup-Package
x64 Portable-Zip

David Ferrin