Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:04 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] avast

Hi, List,

A while back someone recommended Avast as a good antivirus program.

I got it, and I started the setup. Shortly after, the screen seemed blank. I think that it must be completely graphical.

Unless I did something wrong, this won't work. What other programs do you recommend. I gather that Security Essentials is no longer a good choice.

Joe Giovanelli

Carlos

Windows Defender in Windows 10 has been receiving better reviews lately. Since that is basically the same as Security Essentials renamed, those improved ratings should apply to it as well. Whether that makes it a sufficient substitute for other more comprehensive options such as Avast, I can't say.