Battery Life on Google Pixel and Pixel XL.

Debbie April Yuille

Hi All

I’m thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL however I’m not sure on battery life compared with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8. Can anyone who owns one of these phones please advise how long the battery lasts in a single charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a day so I’m trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

Debbie April Yuille

Hi All

I’m thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL however I’m not sure on battery life compared with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8. Can anyone who owns one of these phones please advise how long the battery lasts in a single charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a day so I’m trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

Thomas N. Chan

I will put this youtube link for you to listen to.

I subscribe to his channel on youtube as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxomoHR19a4

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

I’m thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL however I’m not sure on battery life compared with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8. Can anyone who owns one of these phones please advise how long the battery lasts in a single charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a day so I’m trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

David Moore <jesusloves1966@...>

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this!

Very interesting. I am seriously thinking about buying a Sam Sung Galaxy. Could I surf the net, read and reply to emails, use Facebook and twitter, and stream sports and movies by using talk back just as well as voice over. I really want to use Android just for those activities. I do not even want to use it as a phone to make calls. How accessible would it be just to do those things that I listed?

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I’m thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL however I’m not sure on battery life compared with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8. Can anyone who owns one of these phones please advise how long the battery lasts in a single charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a day so I’m trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

Carolyn Arnold

What's the difference in a Pixel and a Pixel XL. Does XL
stand for Extra Large as with clothes?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I'm thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL
however I'm not sure on battery life compared with the
Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8. Can anyone who owns one of these
phones please advise how long the battery lasts in a single
charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a day so I'm
trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

Carolyn Arnold

David, couldn't you get a tablet to do those things a lot cheaper. If you could go to Wal-Mart or Office Max and look at some tablets, that might save you money, if you don't want to use the phone as a phone.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Very interesting. I am seriously thinking about buying a Sam Sung Galaxy. Could I surf the net, read and reply to emails, use Facebook and twitter, and stream sports and movies by using talk back just as well as voice over. I really want to use Android just for those activities. I do not even want to use it as a phone to make calls. How accessible would it be just to do those things that I listed?

David Moore

I’m thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL however I’m not sure on battery life compared with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8. Can anyone who owns one of these phones please advise how long the battery lasts in a single charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a day so I’m trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

Lenron

I would get a phone and use it to do those things because I have never
been a fan of the tablets. Even if it's a cheeper phone.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Carolyn Arnold

Interesting, is it because the screen on a phone is smaller?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I’m thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL however
I’m not sure on battery life compared with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or
S8. Can anyone who owns one of these phones please advise how long the
battery lasts in a single charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a
day so I’m trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Lenron

Partly and partly because I don't like the way the tablet menus are
normally setup. I just love the feel and all of using a phone. Plus I
have the option to pop and a sim and make calls if I wish. Not to
mention most tablets don't have some of the sensors and stuff you
would get in the phone. Vibration feedback isn't in any tablets I
know of.

[...]

Janet

Hi,
You say you have never been a fan of tablets, may I please ask yu why? I am seriously considering buying a windows tablet, and that is the reason I ask you this. I would just like to know what someone might have against tablets.
Janet

Mr. David Moore wrote in part:

"I am seriously thinking about buying a Sam Sung Galaxy. Could I surf the
net, read and reply to emails, use Facebook and twitter, and stream sports
and movies by using talk back just as well as voice over. I really want to
use Android just for those activities."

yes, you can! However, what a waste? Instead of purchasing a flagship
phone for something so routine, why not purchase a mid-range Android phone
such as Motorola G4, G5 or Motorola G5Plus? This is MUCH CHEAPER and will
do exactly what you want for a lot less.

In Android land, it's all about choice, choice, and choice! And there are
so many mid-range phones to choose from. The S7 is NOT a cheap phone even
if you happen to purchase a refurbished or used one. Everything you do on
your iPhone can be done on the S7; if you are NOT FAMILIAR with how Android
works, there will be a HUGE LEARNING CURVE. And please, don't attempt to
MAKE ANDROID imitate iOS for a minute. It won't happen and you'd be
extremely frustrated.

Notwithstanding what I have written in this space, if you elect to WASTE
your funds purchasing a flagship toy that you'd barely use for something
worthwhile, by all means, go for it! If I were in your shoes, based on what
you listed in your post, I will run with a mid-range Android phone and save
more of my pennies for when I am ready to go all the way with Android.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Thomas N. Chan

I use facebook on my S8 plus, I don’t tweek, but in terms of streaming, it will depend how accessible the apps are.

I watch videos on youtube and  apple music streaming.

And some of the apps which does not really need internet.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

[...]

Yes. XL has a bigger screen.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

I'm thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL
however I'm not sure on battery life compared with the
Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8. Can anyone who owns one of these
phones please advise how long the battery lasts in a single
charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a day so I'm
trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

Thomas N. Chan

Tablet does comes with vibration. Samsung does. Not all but it does exist.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

I’m thinking of getting either a google Pixel or a Pixel XL however
I’m not sure on battery life compared with the Samsung Galaxy S7 or
S8. Can anyone who owns one of these phones please advise how long the
battery lasts in a single charge. I know the Samsung Galaxy last for a
day so I’m trying to see if the Pixel matches that.

Thanks

Debbie

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Thomas N. Chan

You can even get the lower end of Samsung, like the J or the A series.
The best, go to the shop, play with it, see how you like it or not.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

[...]

Great!

I did not know that. About how much would the Motorola g4 cost, and how much would the lower end Sam Sung cost. This is encouraging. Is talk back on those phones you mensioned, or another screen reader that would let me do those activities. Thanks a lot.

[...]

a Moto g5 plus would cost you right around 300$.

On 5/20/17, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

You will need to check it out at your shop which  sell them. J series it’s the lowest end, the mid range are the A series.

Like example, I think the A series, the 2017 edition are using the processor and camera of Samsung Galaxy S6. And I think lesser ram as well.

All S series comes with at least 64gb, A series comes with 16gb or 32gb but it will not have  4gb of ram. Maybe  3gb or 2gb.

Samsung have quite a few, that’s why its you should go and play with them or even get it from  amazon with some return polic if you don’t like them.

Even they have talkback or voice assist on them, so you don’t need to worry there.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

[...]

Norman

Hi.

The short answer is yes, you can.

The long answer goes like this.

All the options you listed are possible. However, don't expect android to behave like ios.

They are 2 different operating systems and behave like it. If you've used both mac and windows it's a similar jump.

The only concern i have with what you listed is facebook. I don't personally use it so not sure what the current state is but i know it's had issues in the past with some things.

You can also use m.facebook.com with the browser, that works surprisingly well.