Putting Items from Desktop into Dropbox in the Cloud

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

No, it has to do with synbcking. You have to tell DropBox to not sink those files. Don't ask me how.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Put the dropbox app on your device
Then open it up
Then create a folder for your files
Then I would suggest copying the files to the dropbox folder and if they all are there and you can open them then you can eather deleate the originals or keep them.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Samuel Wilkins
Sent: May 21, 2017 10:07
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Putting Items from Desktop into Dropbox in the Cloud

Hello everyone, I have some files that I would like to move into Dropbox. However, they are on my network drive, and I don't think I would have space on my hard drive for them. Does anyone know if it is possible to move items on my desktop computer to dropbox, but only for online access and if so, how do I do this? Thank you.

Vicki W

As far as I know, all items you place directly into dropbox go in the cloud. If you have your network drive able to access your Desktop and give permission for it to access DROPBOX, then you can transfer them directly from your network to dropbox and bypass putting them on your hard drive.

I have dropbox on my desktop, but it is not on my laptop. I gave permission for the dropbox folder to be accessed by my laptop so when I want to use dropbox items, transferring or even removing, I can do it without placing dropbox on my laptop. I simply access my desktop through my laptop and it is in the list of folders that I can open and edit.

Hope this helps.

Vicki

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 1:06 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Putting Items from Desktop into Dropbox in the Cloud

Hello everyone, I have some files that I would like to move into Dropbox. However, they are on my network drive, and I don't think I would have space on my hard drive for them. Does anyone know if it is possible to move items on my desktop computer to dropbox, but only for online access and if so, how do I do this? Thank you.

Samuel Wilkins