Checking the check boxes in Image for Windows

James Bentley

Hi everyone,

I’m running NVDA in a PE environment with Image for Windows.  How do I check and verify the status of the IFW check boxes?

Reguards,

James B

**No one is totally worthless, they can always be used as a bad example.

David Ferrin <dpf.1996@...>

With NVDA it is almost impossible, but here is a work around that I have employed. Granted the boxes that have omit in their names are normally checked by default.

Create a batch file with an installed version of image for windows with all of the settings you prefer and save it where you can find it from the virtual environment.

Then do the same from the PE and compare the two files. Make adjustments as you need and you should be good to go.

I hope this is clear enough, if not just say so.

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 2:01 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Checking the check boxes in Image for Windows

Hi everyone,

I’m running NVDA in a PE environment with Image for Windows.  How do I check and verify the status of the IFW check boxes?

Reguards,

James B

David Ferrin
Life is what happens after you have already made other plans.

Carlos

Short answer, I am not aware of any way to verify the state of checkboxes in IFW using NVDA.  At least with JAWS, you can use the JAWS cursor.  However, a tedious method for verifying their state is by examining the INI file where it stores it's settings in Notepad or any text editor.  0 equals disabled, 1 equals enabled.

----- Original Message -----

Hi everyone,

Reguards,

James B

James Bentley

OK, verifying is basically out.  But, what about just being able to check or uncheck the boxes ?  For example, using the space bar or something.

All I’m interested in is turning on the byte by byte verification.  But, I suppose I could always run that process in a second operation after a backup.

Carlos, your WinPE is awesome to the max!

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Checking the check boxes in Image for Windows

Short answer, I am not aware of any way to verify the state of checkboxes in IFW using NVDA.  At least with JAWS, you can use the JAWS cursor.  However, a tedious method for verifying their state is by examining the INI file where it stores it's settings in Notepad or any text editor.  0 equals disabled, 1 equals enabled.

Hi everyone,

I’m running NVDA in a PE environment with Image for Windows  How do I check and verify the status of the IFW check boxes?

Reguards,

James B

Carlos

Using the Spacebar works.

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 2:35 PM

OK, verifying is basically out.  But, what about just being able to check or uncheck the boxes ?  For example, using the space bar or something.

All I’m interested in is turning on the byte by byte verification.  But, I suppose I could always run that process in a second operation after a backup.

Carlos, your WinPE is awesome to the max!

James B

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 1:20 PM

Short answer, I am not aware of any way to verify the state of checkboxes in IFW using NVDA.  At least with JAWS, you can use the JAWS cursor.  However, a tedious method for verifying their state is by examining the INI file where it stores it's settings in Notepad or any text editor.  0 equals disabled, 1 equals enabled.

Hi everyone,

I’m running NVDA in a PE environment with Image for Windows  How do I check and verify the status of the IFW check boxes?

Reguards,

James B