Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 11:57 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] malware bytes

Hi All,

My mom just ran malware bytes on her computer and according to her it found over 2000 pieces of malware.  I don't know if she's exaggerating, but I do know there are a bunch and she's having to go down and check each one one at a time.  I'm not sure what version of the program she's using, probably 1.75 because I gave it to her and I don't think she would know how to update the actual software, but what does she need to do to select everything all at once for deletion?  She said that I've told her before how to do it, but she doesn't remember how and I don't remember telling her.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Gene,

She plays the games that facebook offers, and yes I've told her that's where she gets so much malware.

As far as malware bytes, I have the paid version on my computer and I gave her what I use plus the license key, but she said she couldn't find where to put that in the program and I haven't tried it because it's windows 10 and I'm still running windows 7 and have never seen 10 myself.

She admits that she's technologically stupid, her words not mine, and on top of that she has very little patience with things she doesn't understand so there's not much I can do aside from trying to answer the questions I can answer and finding answers to the questions that I don't have answers for.  I would try to install jaws on her computer, and in fact I have done that in the past with previous computers that she's had, but although I'm a little more computer literate than she is I sometimes think I know just enough to get into trouble, which btw I have done on multiple occasions with my own computer.

Troy