Software for computer internal temperature?

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

Hi,

I had a decent application for Windows 7. However, now that I have the Creator’s update and Windows 10 Home 64 Bit on several laptops and desktop computers, can anyone suggest a good application for tracking internal temperature of my PC computers?

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Carlos

Have you tried the same software?  Quite often users assume that something which ran on an earlier version of Windows won't run on a newer version.  You may have already done so and found that it didn't work on Windows 10, but you didn't specify.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 5:00 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Software for computer internal temperature?

Hi,

I had a decent application for Windows 7. However, now that I have the Creator’s update and Windows 10 Home 64 Bit on several laptops and desktop computers, can anyone suggest a good application for tracking internal temperature of my PC computers?

Thanks in advance.

Merv

I had vision when I used the software before. And used a mouse and screen magnification. It had a very small amount of accessibility but not a lot. It also did not work well with SSD drives. It was a total diagnostic tool. I haven’t used it in a while and I can’t remember the name of it.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Software for computer internal temperature?

Have you tried the same software?  Quite often users assume that something which ran on an earlier version of Windows won't run on a newer version.  You may have already done so and found that it didn't work on Windows 10, but you didn't specify.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Carlos

Yes unfortunately most of the programs of this type I have tested were not very accessible.

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 8:40 PM

I had vision when I used the software before. And used a mouse and screen magnification. It had a very small amount of accessibility but not a lot. It also did not work well with SSD drives. It was a total diagnostic tool. I haven’t used it in a while and I can’t remember the name of it.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Hi,

I did find one tonight called HWMonitor which came recommended by How To Geek dot com. They have a free and a Pro version. And a 32 and a 64 bit version. I am trying the free 64 bit version and it appears accessible. I am not familiar with all of the data that is available to me through the program. And I am not aware of the current recommended average temperature for my computer. However, it is at least a starting point for me to do some research into how my computer should be performing.

Sent: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:48 PM

Yes unfortunately most of the programs of this type I have tested were not very accessible.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Carlos

I've heard of that one, but I've never tested it.

Usually, your processor's temperature shouldn't be any higher than about 75°C/167°F during resource heavy usage.  And most processors these days on average don't run much hotter than about 32°C/89°F during normal use.

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 10:57 PM

Hi,

I did find one tonight called HWMonitor which came recommended by How To Geek dot com. They have a free and a Pro version. And a 32 and a 64 bit version. I am trying the free 64 bit version and it appears accessible. I am not familiar with all of the data that is available to me through the program. And I am not aware of the current recommended average temperature for my computer. However, it is at least a starting point for me to do some research into how my computer should be performing.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Smiling?

Try Speccy, it should work just fine. There’s a portable version below:

Speccy - Various Builds:

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/builds

Speccy – Latest Portable direct link:

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/portable

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Merv Keck
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 2:01 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

How accessible is this?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Merv Keck
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 10:57 PM

Hi,

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Merv