From: Merv Keck
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 5:00 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Software for computer internal temperature?

Hi,

I had a decent application for Windows 7. However, now that I have the Creator’s update and Windows 10 Home 64 Bit on several laptops and desktop computers, can anyone suggest a good application for tracking internal temperature of my PC computers?

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

I had vision when I used the software before. And used a mouse and screen magnification. It had a very small amount of accessibility but not a lot. It also did not work well with SSD drives. It was a total diagnostic tool. I haven’t used it in a while and I can’t remember the name of it.

Have you tried the same software?  Quite often users assume that something which ran on an earlier version of Windows won't run on a newer version.  You may have already done so and found that it didn't work on Windows 10, but you didn't specify.

I had a decent application for Windows 7. However, now that I have the Creator’s update and Windows 10 Home 64 Bit on several laptops and desktop computers, can anyone suggest a good application for tracking internal temperature of my PC computers?

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Carlos

Yes unfortunately most of the programs of this type I have tested were not very accessible.

[...]

I did find one tonight called HWMonitor which came recommended by How To Geek dot com. They have a free and a Pro version. And a 32 and a 64 bit version. I am trying the free 64 bit version and it appears accessible. I am not familiar with all of the data that is available to me through the program. And I am not aware of the current recommended average temperature for my computer. However, it is at least a starting point for me to do some research into how my computer should be performing.