File converter question

Donald L. Roberts

A couple of days ago, Carlos provided a link to a program called "file converter."  I like the concept of just going to the send to menu to convert a file quickly.  I confess I have not read the docs on this one but need to ask a question.

Sometimes I get these huge mp3 files recorded at very high bit and sampling rates even though they are voice files which I want to reduce in size.  In the file converter menus, one can convert from mp3 to various other audio formats.  But is it somehow possible using the custom menu to convert from mp3 to mp3 using lower bit and sampling rates?

If so, how is it done?

Thanks.

Don Roberts

Carlos

File Converter does not use the
"Send to"
menu.  It uses it's own custom submenu, but it is affectively the same thing.  It is possible to do what you are describing, but it would only be possible to change the bitrate, not the sampling rate.  You would basically have to create a custom preset with MP3 selected as one of the input formats, MP3 as the output format, and then select the desired bitrate.  You could create multiple presets for different bitrates and name them accordingly.  For example,
"To mp3 (bitrate 96)".