question for you all mac users out there

Matt

Can you do a tendon on mac like you can on windows with jaws? Another words with VO?

Thanks,

Matt.from.florida@...

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Matt, no this is not possible. The only thing that you can do, if share your screams somebody else through third party applications. Such as zoom more even Skype. I hope this helps.
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@gmail.com
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89
facebook
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@yahoo.com

On Jul 4, 2017, at 2:48 PM, Matt <matt.from.florida@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you do a tendon on mac like you can on windows with jaws? Another words with VO?

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

Matt

Thanks . was asking for someone else. Just another reason for me not to get
a mac. You would think enough blind people would have requested this from
apple this feature.

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

Hi Matt, yeah you would think that there would be something like that out there but so far I don't believe that there is. I will definitely do some checking around and see if there are any Mac users that no of search capability and see if there is some ways to do something like this. I'll get back with you on Ted talk whenever I come back with a solution. As I'm sure that there are seriously needing such service.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 4, 2017, at 2:48 PM, Matt <matt.from.florida@...> wrote:

Can you do a tendon on mac like you can on windows with jaws? Another
words with VO?

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@...

Carlos

This is what happens when there's no competition.  Notice that almost every Windows screen reader has remote access functionality.  What incentive does Apple have to include such a powerful feature?  VoiceOver is the only screen reader available for the Mac and you're stuck with it.

[...]

Apple also now has the capability to view one's screen and they do a very good job at it. They can see what's on your screen, but they can control your device which I think is a good thing. With windows, they can actually bully take over the entire system. And do whatever they want with it. I think in Apple's case, they believed in respecting one's privacy and just letting you navigate the device yes, you can get stuck in but unlike Microsoft, who makes computers or HP or any of those companies, you can actually walk into an Apple store, if you have an issue going on with your computer and get it fixed right there. Whatever comes to Windows, you either have to would you think is a good thing. call somebody for assistance or take it to a third-party fixer to get it fixed. Not in the case of Apple products.

On Jul 4, 2017, at 7:29 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

[...]

Yes! It is ashamed on this part.  I cannot began to think why Apple has not put this in their accessibility features on the Mac. Why would you not want it where you could get help with the Mac or even training on the mac by accessible remote into it. But you are right I don’t see anyone coming up with a screen reader for the Mac anytime soon. I think this is due to two things one there is not a big enough blind Mac market to make it probable to a screen reader company and 2nd if there was a free screen reader like NVDA that did a screen reader for the Mac the blind Mac users would bash it to death saying why we need a screen reader for the mac when we have VO. I can tell you for sure that Vo on the mac just don’t do it for me. Now I saying on the Mac on IOS it is different.

I think competition is great as it makes other business and companies work to have a better product than the other .

But to get back to the remote access  to me if I was a blind Mac user not to have accessible remote access so you could get help or give help in today’s world would almost be a deal breaker.

I assume there is some kind of remote access on the mac just not accessible to the blind ?

[...]

Janet

Hi Joseph,
Yes, Apple can since at least for maybe a year now, does have the capability
to view your screen, and yes they do do a fantastic job at it, as a pose to
Microsoft, but from my understanding, they can not control ones screen
though, so please correct this humble person, if I am wrong! Smile! ,
Janet.

[...]

No you can end the process at any time with a remote access from MS. I know
I have had MS do it and they tell you exactly how to end the session at any
time. So this is not true. But we are not talking about the built in remote
access on computers which is not normally accessible to the blind. We are
talking about making a remote access that the blind can do and it be
accessible to help train or even give or accept help from another blind
friend. This can only be done by something like with jaws or NVDA type
tendon access. So the question is why not do this for VO! As I don't if I
own a mac want to have to call Apple to get help. I might want to call my
blind tech person instead. With this as of now it sounds like there is no
way for a blind person to help another blind person with their mac as the
remote access is not accessible.
So let's take Apple out of the tech help just like we are taking MS out of
the tech help. This is done by remote access thru the screen reader or the
built in access being accessible to the blind user .

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

I'm sure it is possible for the blind to receive remote assistance on a Mac.  As for a third-party screen reader, free or otherwise, I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with it being bashed.  I think it is probably more a matter of it most likely not being a profitable venture.  VoiceOver may not have certain powerful feature such as remote access, but it is powerful enough that I doubt many consumers would want to pay for a third-party screen reader or even donate to support a free one when what is built-in to the operating system can already do most of what you need.  Basically what I've always said would happen if too powerful of a screen reader was included in Windows by default.  Third-party developers essentially have no incentive to create a new screen reader for the Mac.

[...]

Yes because being able to give tech support or get tech support and training on the Mac from a blind user you need something like this. Either by the screen reader or the built in remote access being accessible. Especially to a Mac user that was a beginner of the Mac.

[...]

That might be true on the screen reader and sure it has some kind of built in remote access. But I sure it is not accessible. Not to do or accept the remote access but to be able to hear the screen reader coming thru your speakers and controlling it the remote access by the keyboard along. I have not heard of anything of a blind mac user being able to remote access another Mac to be able to give tech help or receive tech help from a blind user or training a user on it thru remote access. So that is really what I trying to get to . Is there any way a blind user can give remote tech support by remoting into the Mac or receive tech support by a blind user and or training by remote access by a blind person. This is to me what would or need to happen on the mac .

[...]

Also not really interested in what Apple can do or MS can do . I talking
about a blind user being able to give remote tech support to another user or
receive help from another blind user or even training thru accessible remote
access.

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

LOL I didn't say anything about remote access built-in to VoiceOver, but most operating systems have some kind of remote access built-in.  I believe on Macs it is called the Screen Sharing service.  Also note that I said the blind could receive remote assistance.  I didn't say anything about the blind providing remote assistance.

[...]

Jeremy <icu8it2@...>

With VO being built into Apple's OS, if you have any interest in accessibility for remote sessions, you pretty much have no choice but to be interested in what Apple can do, as you put it. MS is different in that we rely on screenreaders outside their development, so we mostly depend on the companies or devs of the screenreader application to work on accessibility but this isn't the case with Apple.
Take care.

On 7/4/2017 10:53 PM, Matt wrote:
[...]

So you are saying the built in remote access can be done by a blind person and be accessible? Another words a blind person can do a remote access from their mac to another mac and give tech support or vice versa or training? I don’t care if the remote access is by the screen reader or the OS as long as it is accessible and can be done by the blind person. Something similar to jaws or NVDA.

[...]

No, that is not what I am saying.  I am saying that it is possible for a blind user to receive remote assistance from a sighted person using the Screen Sharing service.  A blind user cannot provide remote assistance.

[...]

That is fine I don't care who provides the accessible remote process . Weather it thru the screen reader like VO or it is the built in remote access of the OS. Which in Apple case VO is part of the OS . So to get to the nut cutting so to speak. Is to have accessible remote access on the Mac by a blind user to remote in to give tech support and training or for blind user be able to accept this and it all be accessible.

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

[...]

Ok so this is something I think needs to be address. Or do Apple think Blind users is not capable of doing this?

[...]

I have no idea what Apple thinks, but as I said, what incentive would they have to invest resources into developing accessible remote access?