From: Mike B.
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 2:25 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Jaws Reporting Time & Date

Hi All,

Is there any way to modify the, Jaws key + F12, keystroke / script so that it will say both the time & date when press ing it just 1 time.  This is for a 1 handed child, & turning on Insert key mode only works for 1 press of the Insert / Jaws key, not if you need to press it twice to get the date.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Jesus dyed for us, why can't we live for him?

Carlos

Hi Mike,
I don't believe this is possible without modifying the default JAWS script.  I can take a look later when I have more time.

Is there any way to modify the, Jaws key + F12, keystroke / script so that it will say both the time & date when press ing it just 1 time.  This is for a 1 handed child, & turning on Insert key mode only works for 1 press of the Insert / Jaws key, not if you need to press it twice to get the date.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

A discussion of how to solve this problem recently occurred on the NVDA users' list.  While the discussion was about NVDA, the solution may be the same.  Using sticky keys, a Windows feature, a way was found to allow the person to press f12 twice for the date while the NVDA key remained in force.  If no one posts about this further, I may find the solution in the archives.

From: Carlos
without modifying the default JAWS script. I can take a
look later when I have more time.

the, Jaws key + F12, keystroke / script so that it will say
both the time & date when press ing it just 1 time. This is
for a 1 handed child, & turning on Insert key mode only
works for 1 press of the Insert / Jaws key, not if you need
to press it twice to get the date. All help will be greatly
appreciated. Thanks much.
Take care. Mike. Go
Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like
reading a software license agreement. In the end you have
to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Gene

I just tried this with Windows XP and NVDA.  I may try it again with Windows 7.  The procedure works with NVDA on my machine.  I may try it with JAWS later.

I managed to modify the JAWS time/date script to work the way you described so let me know if you want to give it a try.  I wish I could just send you the modified script, but it might not work correctly if we're not both running the exact same version of JAWS.
I don't believe this is possible without modifying the default JAWS script.  I can take a look later when I have more time.
Is there any way to modify the, Jaws key + F12, keystroke / script so that it will say both the time & date when press ing it just 1 time.  This is for a 1 handed child, & turning on Insert key mode only works for 1 press of the Insert / Jaws key, not if you need to press it twice to get the date.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

David Ferrin <dpf.1996@...>

I have had it on my server for a few years already. The exact version of JAWS I got it from escapes me at the moment. Now having said that I just took it and pasted it in to my extensions file on jaws 18 and it works perfectly.

Send ing it should not be an issue, installing it might be a bit of one though.