Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 3:01 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Updating flash

My flash is very much out of date both in Internet Explorer 11 and also in the current version of Firefox.  I would appreciate step by step instructions for each of the two browsers to get the flash current.

Thanks.

Don Roberts

Gene

You shouldn't let applications or plugins that access the Internet get behind.  The one exception I would make are for programs like Thunderbird, where, if you read mail as plain text, you don't have to worry about malicious code running. I see a trickle of complaints over time about problems caused by this or that update of Thunderbird.  Flash is notorious for having security vulnerabilities and updates are released about once a month.  Now and then, a severe vulnerability has been discovered and updates are released in between the usual monthly ones.  I would suggest that you run the update utilities Carlos gave you about every two weeks.  If there is no update, you will get a failed notice.  If there is an update, it will update.

Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 2:01 PM

My flash is very much out of date both in Internet Explorer 11 and also in the current version of Firefox.  I would appreciate step by step instructions for each of the two browsers to get the flash current.

Thanks.

Don Roberts

mcLeod stinnett

--