Elbraille question

skagithorselover <skagithorselover@...>

looking to maybe purchase the Elbraille. Where might I find pricing information and can it be preordered?

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

ElBraille is the one from the VFO group. Try
http://www.freedomscientific.com/Products/Blindness/ElBraille

It doesn't give the price, but last I heard it was something like $6,500.00. If you really want to buy the next generation of the Pac Mate. Good Luck, if 'twere me, I'd look at BrailleNote Touch or Hims Polaris before I'd invest in a second generation Pac Mate.

Ann P.
.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Allen West

The ElBraille is $1795. You will need either the Focus 14 or 40 Blue.
It is currently only available for the 14, which costs $995. If you
have a Focus 14 already, and JAWS 18. then you will only invest the
$1795. If you need to upgrade your JAWS license, then that cost would
have to be figured into the final cost. It will be considerably less
than $6500. If you can't find the pricing online. call 800-444-4443.

Allen

On 7/7/17, skagithorselover <skagithorselover@gmail.com> wrote:

looking to maybe purchase the Elbraille. Where might I find pricing
information and can it be preordered?

Donald L. Roberts

My Focus 40 is the older model with the whiz wheels.  Will this work; or, must it be the newer focus 40?

Don Roberts

On 7/7/17, skagithorselover <skagithorselover@...> wrote:
looking to maybe purchase the Elbraille. Where might I find pricing
information and can it be preordered?

skagithorselover <skagithorselover@...>

My other question is on the focus 14 I believe it is, is the battery user replaceable? Also on the docking station is the battery user replaceable?

My Focus 40 is the older model with the whiz wheels. Will this work; or, must it be the newer focus 40?

Don Roberts

On 7/7/2017 10:32 AM, Allen West wrote:

The ElBraille is $1795. You will need either the Focus 14 or 40 Blue.
It is currently only available for the 14, which costs $995. If you
have a Focus 14 already, and JAWS 18. then you will only invest the
$1795. If you need to upgrade your JAWS license, then that cost would
have to be figured into the final cost. It will be considerably less
than $6500. If you can't find the pricing online. call 800-444-4443.

Allen

On 7/7/17, skagithorselover <skagithorselover@gmail.com> wrote:

looking to maybe purchase the Elbraille. Where might I find pricing
information and can it be preordered?

_disanceaounddancea_

Groups.io Links:
View/Reply Online (#51158) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

To view the list archives, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/topics

Note that the Wiki and list archives are public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password. The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Webggeasend an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io

If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalkChat+subscribe@groups.io

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalkChat@groups.io
Change Your Subscription
Group Home
Contact Group Owner
Terms Of Service
Unsubscribe From This Group

_disanceaounddancea_

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Guess I was thinking about the Windows tablet from France. Sorry, but this a la carte pricing and so on is confusing at best and needlessly arrogant at worse. So, in other words if I don't have any of these components, I have to buy the computer at $1,700.00 Jaws, probably the professional version at $1,200.00 and the Focus 14, at what say $1,900.00. That works out to $4,800.00.

then, it is probably up to you to glomp the things together. Let's hope the bailing wire is strong enough and the latches don't fail. This is the major reason for the failure of the Pac Mate, don't these people at VFO learn, or are they too arrogant to listen to what the failure of the Pac Mate was all about?

Nope, give me a single unit, a one-piece device that does what I want it to do, and doesn't require me to assemble it when I get it. Give me proven technology.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Josh Kennedy

yes I will stick with my $248 hp laptop off amazon with AMD a6 quad core 64bit processor and 4gigs ram. I can connect a braille display to it if needed.

On 7/7/2017 4:04 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
[...]

sent with mozilla thunderbird

Allen West

The ElBraille does not require JAWS Professional. I like it better
than some of the other new braille displays that are hitting the
market because ir is considerably cheaper wor what it does. The others
are in access of $6000. and some of them are running Androids Lollipop
for the operating system. The ElBraille is running Windows 10 and a
160 hard drive.

Allen

On 7/7/17, Allen West <alwest0324@gmail.com> wrote:
The ElBraille is $1795. You will need either the Focus 14 or 40 Blue.
It is currently only available for the 14, which costs $995. If you
have a Focus 14 already, and JAWS 18. then you will only invest the
$1795. If you need to upgrade your JAWS license, then that cost would
have to be figured into the final cost. It will be considerably less
than $6500. If you can't find the pricing online. call 800-444-4443.

Allen

On 7/7/17, skagithorselover <skagithorselover@gmail.com> wrote:

looking to maybe purchase the Elbraille. Where might I find pricing
information and can it be preordered?

Carlos

Sheesh, $1795. I only wish I had $1795 to casually spend on anything.

[...]

Let's get our information straight here. First, The BrailleNote Touch goes for $549.00. I think the Hims Polaris goes for about the same amount. The one from France is the only one that's $6,500.00. You can get the B2G for $2,600.00.

As for the of't repeated grumbles about the version of Android used by Humanware, if you listen to Greg Stilson's podcasts, he makes it very clear that they are using Lollypop as a base for their product, but they are also able to use parts of the latest OS to meld with their own software, so that what you get is the best of both worlds. You should really listen to the podcast instead of parroting misinformation.

If you like your second generation Pac Mate, more power to you. I wouldn't want a cobbled together a la carte machine, but that's me. I repeat, why do you think the original Pac Mate failed? I'd be interested to learn how the connectivity is on this new kluge.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Sadam Ahmed <lists@...>

The BrailleNote Touch uses kit cat v4.4.

Sadam Ahmed

On 8/07/2017 10:00 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
[...]

JAWS certified, 2017

Mobile:

+ 61 435 892 944
FaceTime, iMessage & email

sadam@sadamahmed.com

Josh Kennedy

the braille note touch is *not* $549. it is at least $5000 if not more. or is humanware making low cost noteTakers now?

On 7/8/2017 8:00 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
[...]

LOL I was thinking that sounded a bit too low and good to be true.

[...]

Ah, for wont of a 4 the price was lost. It's $5449.00 My error. Nobody's perfect, only God.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
** New EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

And if that isn't bad enough, you get Windows10 Home with your ElBraille!
For me, as hopelessly stupid as I always am, the ElBraille will be a good
waste of meagre resources should I ever elect to purchase one! I'd have to
be more than DRUNK to do just that!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

General-Marshall Carlos, yes you do have $1,795! You just need to pay it to
me. Please wire to the nearest Walmart and bank, so I get it twice!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

160GB hard drive on the ElBraille? Wow, for about $400 or less, I can get
almost a 1TB hard drive on a laptop! How does V F O get away with
ridiculous pricing like this?

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

And thus far, only the HIMS Polaris deploys Lollipop 5.1.1, not too shabby!
That which the BrailleNote Touch offers is deprecated and I'd like
additional prove to make me believe that there is a MERGE of current Android
OS into KitKat which is hardly ever eaten in Android land anymore!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Monte Single

Olusegun, the Denver Dude, is off on another rant. It could be that
rarified mountain air; and it could be a few mutant electrons whirling and
spinning in his unconventional head space.
Think I'll just wait for the dust to settle.

Le Mont Stir