Looking for Spread Sheet other than Office

Dave

Hello,

I have chosen to no longer use Office. However, there are occasions
when I want to use a Spread Sheet.

Are there any Spread Sheets other than Excel that will work with Jaws or
NVDA?

Thanks,

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

Dane

Only one I know of is OpenOffice. I used it several years ago with JAWS successfully.

I have chosen to no longer use Office. However, there are occasions
when I want to use a Spread Sheet.

Are there any Spread Sheets other than Excel that will work with Jaws or
NVDA?

Thanks,

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

SK22

I used the one with Google Docs. It has some accessibility features that
can be enabled.

I have chosen to no longer use Office. However, there are occasions when I
want to use a Spread Sheet.

Are there any Spread Sheets other than Excel that will work with Jaws or
NVDA?

Thanks,

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

Mike Thomas

Hi, have you considered Apache Open Office? I have no experience with it and NVDA, but its a knock off of Office including its version of excel and word. Best of all its free.
Mike

I used the one with Google Docs. It has some accessibility features that
can be enabled.

I have chosen to no longer use Office. However, there are occasions when I
want to use a Spread Sheet.

Are there any Spread Sheets other than Excel that will work with Jaws or
NVDA?

Thanks,

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

Angelo Sonnesso

It works fine with NVDA, and it is office compatable if you need it.

I used the one with Google Docs. It has some accessibility features
that can be enabled.

I have chosen to no longer use Office. However, there are occasions
when I want to use a Spread Sheet.

Are there any Spread Sheets other than Excel that will work with Jaws
or NVDA?

Thanks,

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

Steve Matzura

Apache? I thought that thing was called Libre OpenOffice. Or am I
mixing two things together that shouldn't oughta be mixed up?

On Sat, 8 Jul 2017 06:27:04 -0400, you wrote:

It works fine with NVDA, and it is office compatable if you need it.

I used the one with Google Docs. It has some accessibility features
that can be enabled.

I have chosen to no longer use Office. However, there are occasions
when I want to use a Spread Sheet.

Are there any Spread Sheets other than Excel that will work with Jaws
or NVDA?

Thanks,

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

Mike Thomas

Not sure Steve. As I contemplated replying to your post earlier I began to think about As Easy As 1-2-3. A search for As Easy As Spreadsheet returned a sight that had multiple spreadsheets, all of which are free. Anyway, about Apache, I just completed a course on Excel, and found that most things in Excel work fine in Apache spreadsheet, or what ever it might be called. Hope you can find what you need.
Mike

I used the one with Google Docs. It has some accessibility features
that can be enabled.

I have chosen to no longer use Office. However, there are occasions
when I want to use a Spread Sheet.

Are there any Spread Sheets other than Excel that will work with Jaws
or NVDA?

Thanks,

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

I heard that the free open source libreoffice works better. and you can also use google sheets in firefox with NVDA and download a local copy of the spreadsheet to your machine as an .xlsx file.

On 7/8/2017 6:27 AM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
It works fine with NVDA, and it is office compatable if you need it.

I used the one with Google Docs. It has some accessibility features
that can be enabled.

I have chosen to no longer use Office. However, there are occasions
when I want to use a Spread Sheet.

Are there any Spread Sheets other than Excel that will work with Jaws
or NVDA?

Thanks,

Grumpy Dave

--
Dave <dlh007@centurylink.net>

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Quentin Christensen

Re the query about Apache and other companies, no you're on the right track - the history of what is now both Open Office and Libre Office is long and complex.  How to Geek did an article a couple of years ago on the differences between those two suites and a brief history (not from an accessibility point of view, but interesting nonetheless): https://www.howtogeek.com/187663/openoffice-vs.-libreoffice-whats-the-difference-and-which-should-you-use/

Regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 3:54 AM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
[...]

Training and Support Manager