Text messaging question

Donna

Hi All,

Can a person with an iPhone, that has NO SIM card, send & receive text messages, to another person who has an Android/Samsung phone, in which the other person Does have a SIM card in their phone?If not, why?

Donna

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Donna, yes they can, but they won't need to download an app such as text now are Google voice to accomplish this. Sense D Device has no sin card.

joseph hudson

Technology support for the blind or better known as Mack, IOS and Windows support

FaceTime, iMessage, and email

jhud7789@...

Telephone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency cell

254-813-2461

Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

Facebook

On Nov 12, 2019, at 9:39 PM, Donna <mermaid7@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Can a person with an iPhone, that has NO SIM card, send & receive text messages, to another person who has an Android/Samsung phone, in which the other person Does have a SIM card in their phone?If not, why?

Donna

Monte Single

I would think that if you have no sim card, you have no cellular service.
Do you have an account with a carrier?
Do you pay a bill or buy time?

Can a person with an iPhone, that has NO SIM card, send & receive text
messages, to another person who has an Android/Samsung phone, in which the
other person Does have a SIM card in their phone?If not, why?

Donna

chris judge

As Monte stated, you would need a sym card for that, although you could use
something like what's app to communicate which is similar.

I would think that if you have no sim card, you have no cellular service.
Do you have an account with a carrier?
Do you pay a bill or buy time?

Can a person with an iPhone, that has NO SIM card, send & receive text
messages, to another person who has an Android/Samsung phone, in which the
other person Does have a SIM card in their phone?If not, why?

Donna

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

What would the sim card have to do with it. The texts are connected with the phone number. The OS of the phone has nothing to do with it either. The Sym card is necessary because it is how you connect to your cell phone service privider. So each phone would need a sym card in order to be used effectively.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

joseph hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hello Ann, if you don't have a Sim card that phone you have no phone number. Because that's what the Sim card does it provide you a connection to the company which assigns your phone number.

On Nov 13, 2019, at 6:11 AM, Ann Parsons <akp@...> wrote:

[...]

Well, yes, no sym card would equal no phone number. You explain it much better than I.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Donna

Hi,

What is confusing me, it is possible I’m over thinking the text messaging issue..An iPhone without a SIM card is technically a very expensive iPod, until a SIM card is inserted & a phone number assigned to the iPhone. My 14 year old is using an iPhone without a SIM card, connected to a wifi network. She is able to send & receive text messages from others who have an iDevice, iPad, iPod & an iPhone. Why can’t she send & receive text messages from anyone who has an Android or Samsung device, even if she texts the people using their email address?

Donna

Hi all,

Well, yes, no sym card would equal no phone number. You explain it much better than I.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

M.E.N. <magpie.mn@...>

Because SMS texts require a cellular capability. When using I messaging, you are using WiFi but you can not I message to an Android user.
There is a way to send text messages bia your email account.

[...]

Angelo Sonnesso

If you get a Google voice number you can send text messages that way.

73 N2DYN Angelo